shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct pear lgd - stone check!

cdiso

Rough_Rock
I just bought a 2ct pear from Ritani! I'm not sure how to assess the cut of the stone and the severity of the bowtie other than comparing the measurements to online recommendation charts. I would love to hear opinions since I can still cancel/return!
gcal
ritani

I think it was a good price (how much would you have paid for it?) so I don't mind it not being totally perfect, but I still want to make sure I'm not saddling myself with a total dud.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
That bow tie is bothering me, but I'm not an expert so I can't tell you why. All I know is both Kim and DejaWiz are awesome at finding stones, so I'm sure they'll chime in.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its unfortunate that they changed the angle when it is facing forward. Looks like they are trying to hide the bow-tie. You can tell
it does have some dark facets through there.

Also, its a K so its going to show some tint. Pears usually show more tint down in the pointy end and sometimes the difference bettween
the rounded end that has better light return and the tint captured at the pointy end is not pleasing. Hard to tell with this stone. You'll
know more when you receive it.

Unfortunately, numbers tell us nothing about fancy-cut stones like pears. You can have decent pears not within the numbers and
ugly pears within the numbers. :(2 I wish they were easier to pick like round brilliants!

cdiso

Rough_Rock
Its unfortunate that they changed the angle when it is facing forward. Looks like they are trying to hide the bow-tie. You can tell
it does have some dark facets through there.

Also, its a K so its going to show some tint. Pears usually show more tint down in the pointy end and sometimes the difference bettween
the rounded end that has better light return and the tint captured at the pointy end is not pleasing. Hard to tell with this stone. You'll
know more when you receive it.

Unfortunately, numbers tell us nothing about fancy-cut stones like pears. You can have decent pears not within the numbers and
ugly pears within the numbers. :(2 I wish they were easier to pick like round brilliants!

I agree - the Ritani video looks like it's hiding something. I did find a better video on the GCAL website. There is definitely a bowtie, but it's hard for me to tell how bad it is. Fancy stones are tough for sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results