shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct Cushions--good deals or pics of any???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madarski

Rough_Rock
My bf and I are beginning the search for the ering. We are looking to purchase next November or so. I have checked out Blue Nile, but don''t really know where else to look. Any advice? Know any better places or people to talk to?

What are some good spec ranges as far as numbers go for a 2ct cushion cut? I definately want a stone with a very good or ideal cut. Why don''t some places specify cut? Should I steer clear of those stones?

I''ll take advice on settings or stones.......I would love to see pics of cushion cuts in the 2ct size range.... on hands or off.

I really appreciate your help.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Reena''s ring *features* a 2ct cushion if I am not mistaken. You can see her thread in SMTR. I think Reena and MMM have had very good luck with Mark at engagement rings direct. Both of them, if I am not mistaken, have purchased exceptionally beautiful cushion''s from him after an extensive search...

Sooooooo...you could ask them about their experience!

madarski

Rough_Rock
thank you so much!!

I am familiar with Reena''s ring. It''s beautiful. I did actually PM her about some details. I''m awaiting her reply. I know she''s a busy girl!!

I went to check out the diamonds direct site, and I think I may actually have to call Mark, because they don''t offer the cushion cut as a choice of shape when trying to do the basic search for loose diamonds.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hi Madarski! I would definitely contact Mark. He will explain to you the different type of cushion looks. The older styles tend to have larger culets and chunky facets. Very appealing to some. Then there is a mix of the old and new. Then there is a 'modern' cushion which have amazing symmetry and polish. I opted for a modern b/c the brilliance is awesome. Reena's stone has a slightly different facet pattern from mine (from what you can tell from the cert) and both of our stones are really beutiful if I do say so myself! Here is a pic of mine. It's 2.13 E Vs2, 64.1 depth, 56 ( if I remember correctly), Ex/Ex. I found mine on bluenile and asked Mark to get it for me and I saved quite a bit of $!!! I can't wait to see yours !

HBcushion.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
No hay problema!

Yes.. I think it would be a good idea if you contact Mark directly...I think that when you are looking for something in particular it is always good to go to someone with whom others have had positive experiences and MMM and reeena sure have great things to say about Mark. (there are others too) I think both MMM and Reena did contact him directly and if I can recall from their posts, their search was lengthy, but worth the wait!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here is my stone with a side .50 cushion I purchased. I hope to find a third for a 3 stone. UGH. Excuse the hands.

twocushion.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I''m shameless. But that''s how much I love my stone... LOL...you did ask, right? LOL

shamless.jpg

madarski

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for your replies!!!

mmm-- I love yours as well!!! I can''t wait to see it either. Bummed that I will have to wait a year, but we are really trying to make a good financial decision. I would love to pay off my mastercard and save up half of the cost of the ring before we buy. Is it possible to finance with mark? How is it that he gets the stones cheaper so much cheaper than bn? If you don''t mind me asking, and you can feel free to pm me, what kind of price range am i looking at?

FEEL FREE TO POST MORE PICS!!! I CAN''T GET ENOUGH
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
No financing with Mark I don''t think.
7.gif

But you''ll have your stone in no time. BN is more expensive just bc they are plain ol'' overpriced! But they do financing.
I don''t mind telling you what I paid. i had linked the BN site so it''s public info LOL... It was $22,000 with a free white gold setting. BN price for the stone alone was $23,450. There is a real hefty premium for well cut stones. So that kind of stinks. Do a search on BN for "very good" cut stones (they don''t list fancies as ideal) and note the Ex ones. There is a G Vs2 up there right now I think. There is also an E and F with strong flourescence...they are clearly discounted...but I''ve noticed that BN might not be listing accurate prices. They all seem too low and were lowered two weeks ago. I bet if you ask for the stone at that price, it would not be available. About two weeks after I bougbht my stone, it was still on BN and they listed it lower at about 21000. I inquired and they said, sorry, it''s sold! Duh! Bet that is done intentionally.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I went to Mark. He is great guy and he knows diamonds, so I felt totally comfortable that he could get what you want. He was very helpful. Though, I wasn''t there when the final purchase was made, I trust him completely. Also, the fact that he knows stones which you like MMM and reena''s helps him better narrow down your choices. BN was great, and I learned that with cushions you have to see the facet pattern, it is key to me at least for the type of stone I am looking for.

Good luck.

madarski

Rough_Rock
thanks!!
9.gif
i appreciate everyone''s advice. i want it to be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results