shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct Cushion pricing similar to Lightbox even possible?

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, just getting into the world of MMD although I dabbled in the thought prior when looking for e-ring advice here almost 7-8 years ago! I actually came back to the forums to look to upgrade my wedding band, but now I'm riding this MMD train and thinking of going in reverse order (upgrading e-ring with MMD and basing new wedding band as a future project later based on what I end up getting).

I'm struggling with being a sucker for an amazing deal ($800/ct with lightbox) but also knowing that I will be dazzled but ultimately not 100% happy with a round (strong preference for non-crushed ice looking cushions at the moment---my e-ring ended up being a radiant/Flanders type cut)

I did post this same question in the LB loose stone 2ct chain earlier, but posting here for more visibility/expertise of others.

So my question is: With the MMD current market, is it even possible to get a 2ct cushion for pricing similar to what we are seeing with Lightbox? I am not very color-sensitive with my current ring being an H (but since it is an H I don't think I would want to get any lower than an H for all future purchases). I've been searching here and there with the helpful links on this forum, but seeing much higher pricing than Lightbox rounds per ct.

Follow up Q: Should I just be patient with the assumption that LB will catch up and offer 2ct cushions in the future once their tech catches up? Or should I try and nab the RB when it becomes available because the price is too good to pass up?

Thanks all for any input you have!

(P.S I see myself posting lots of questions/requests for opinions in the near future depending on what route I decide to take!)

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I tried a preliminary search on Rare Carat and for a 2ct cushion, H or higher color, VS or higher clarity the cost appears to start around $3k. You could search different vendors out there and probably find a lower price, but I doubt you'll be at Lightbox prices yet.

Lightbox has been restocking the 2ct stones, so if you aren't pressed for time I would give it a few months and see if they come out with other shapes besides round if you have your heart set on a cushion.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I tried a preliminary search on Rare Carat and for a 2ct cushion, H or higher color, VS or higher clarity the cost appears to start around $3k. You could search different vendors out there and probably find a lower price, but I doubt you'll be at Lightbox prices yet.

Lightbox has been restocking the 2ct stones, so if you aren't pressed for time I would give it a few months and see if they come out with other shapes besides round if you have your heart set on a cushion.

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to confirm that you are also getting similar prices from what I also am seeing!

I am not pressed for time which is a good thing but I’ve definitely got the “itch” again especially since discovering LB through this forums.

Thanks for the advice! It might just need to be a waiting game so I don’t settle for a shape I won’t love in the long-run.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply and taking the time to confirm that you are also getting similar prices from what I also am seeing!

I am not pressed for time which is a good thing but I’ve definitely got the “itch” again especially since discovering LB through this forums.

Thanks for the advice! It might just need to be a waiting game so I don’t settle for a shape I won’t love in the long-run.
I totally understand. Getting a great deal isn’t worth it if the stone is not ultimately the shape you want. It’s easy to get “sucked in” though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results