shape
carat
color
clarity

.25ct Diamond Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

montyw

Rough_Rock
I am need to find 2 RBC .25-.26ct diamonds to go next to a .48-.50ct ideal cut H&A diamond, but I have a few questions.

Several of the online dealers that I have looked at for the .50ct diamond do not offer .25 ct diamonds at all. I want to get 2 stones that are closely matched and have similar properties to the .50ct diamond (G-F Color, VS2, H&A GIA or AGS).

Do I need to worry about GIA or AGS certs for such a small diamond, and further should I exclude a pair of EGL diamonds that seem to be around my range? Or should I just look for a certain Table & Depth number and not worry.

I found the following list of diamonds at Abazias.com
Diamond Search.

They have a few GIA stones that the proportions look off, and an EGL with H&A etc...

Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally...being a cut nut and all...I would get the .25c side stones that were just as well cut as the center stone in order to have them all match up.

SuperbCert and WhiteFlash are two vendors who sell small branded H&A ideal stones from .20c and higher. WhiteFlash in particular has tons of them (I was just looking at their site yesterday in that ctw range). I know WF's stones above .20c also come with AGS certs and are laser engraved on the girdle. You may pay a slight premium but IMO it's worth it. Not everyone will agree. Plus you can get your center stone from the same company.

I think GOG also has smaller stones but I am not sure he has alot of .25c stones....you can run a 'cut quality' search on Pscope to weed out the duds and just show you the HCA scorers of under 2.0 and all the vendors who sell such small stones.

Good luck!

montyw

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help.

I still wonder about getting a non-certified diamond in this size, but getting it in "ideal" cut dimensions.

I have seen where the smaller diamonds can have a larger table % and still be "ideal". I read this here or on NiceIce...somewhere

The diamonds in size .25-26c are $400 or so each that I have seen. If I go to whiteflash or others it is $700-$900. I understand the quality is better, but in .25c it seems like overkill.

Where am I going wrong?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What sort of quality are you looking for ? I vaguely recall seeing a .25 H SI1 or something on either SC or WF yesterday for $450 in the superideal type dimensions. So yes if you are looking for something like D VVS...you will pay $800...but if you are talking lower color etc...you can go much cheaper. Depends on your needs.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We don't have any in our inventory right now, but you might try WhiteFlash.com because they cut some pretty tiny ideal cuts...

montyw

Rough_Rock
Mara, I am looking for the following range

RBC, F-G, VS2, Ideal Cut, .25-.26c, 2 pcs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results