shape
carat
color
clarity

.25 Whiteflash ACA eternity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
If I have an eternity band made up of .25 ACA rounds which are approx 4mm across and they are set in bezels how much width will the metal add to the width of the band? Am I understanding this correctly that a stone that is approx 4mm by 4mm will create a 4mm plus a mm or so wide band?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I should also aske if anyone has a similar band to this?

outatouch0

Shiny_Rock
Best place to direct you question is to WhiteFlash.
Give them a call. They should be very happy to answer your questions.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Follow up: I am debating how the rounds will work visually with my E-ring. The consensus is a stand alone band but never with the E-ring. I would like the option of wearing it with my E-ring.

What about rounds set in squares? How are held in place? I think the square would complement my step cut e-ring but the rounds provide the sparkle I crave. any thoughts or Pix?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2009 3:30:41 PM
Author: bgray
Follow up: I am debating how the rounds will work visually with my E-ring. The consensus is a stand alone band but never with the E-ring. I would like the option of wearing it with my E-ring.

What about rounds set in squares? How are held in place? I think the square would complement my step cut e-ring but the rounds provide the sparkle I crave. any thoughts or Pix?
You could do rounds set in squares. I have seen alternating circles and squares but they all contained a round stone.
I think they might have been bead set but I''m not sure. I''ll go see if I can find the example I am thinking of.

Ok, couldnt find the circle/square one but did find a square/marquise example. You really have to see the larger
image to see how the round stones are set into the squares. I dont think this really is anything like you are looking
for but it is an example of a round stone in a square peg
3.gif
(also, these stones are a whole lot smaller than
you are looking at).

http://www.idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=1620

Do you have any pics of your engagement ring? We might be able to give you some suggestions with round
stones. If you look at my avatar you can see that I wanted to add some more bling with my wedding band.
The matching baguette wedding band just really didnt have much flash so I paired it with a 5 stone. Its not
matchy-matchy but I''m happy with the added bling the rounds give me.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i am imagining .25 rounds set in milgrained "boxes"............

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it your engagment ring is faily substantial because this would be a fairly wide ring. Atleast 6 mm right? The 4mm stones then 1mm for
metal on each side? I wish we could find a square example with larger stones. I'm going to go look some more.

Edit
Where here is a much larger stone set in a square bezel just to give you an idea...
http://www.shirazjewels.com/_images/products/k/K7631_t.JPG

Here is an example of a round stone set in square metal (too much metal)
http://www.usajewels.com/jewelry/shopping/pendant-product.pl?SKU=DPENBEZ4I1K040SQXXXXW

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 8:19:35 AM
Author: tyty333
I take it your engagment ring is faily substantial because this would be a fairly wide ring. Atleast 6 mm right? The 4mm stones then 1mm for

metal on each side? I wish we could find a square example with larger stones. I''m going to go look some more.

Edit

Where here is a much larger stone set in a square bezel just to give you an idea...

http://www.usajewels.com/jewelry/shopping/pendant-product.pl?SKU=DPENBEZ4I1K040SQXXXXW

Yes my ring is a large emerald cut with two slim side stones. i need a bigger chunkier band with sparkle..........so i want about 4 to 6mm wide. The first link does illustrate what i am thinking........what do you think about how that would look as an eternity band?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 9:30:16 PM
Author: bgray
Date: 11/25/2009 8:19:35 AM

metal on each side? I wish we could find a square example with larger stones. I''m going to go look some more.

Edit

Yes my ring is a large emerald cut with two slim side stones. i need a bigger chunkier band with sparkle..........so i want about 4 to 6mm wide. The first link does illustrate what i am thinking........what do you think about how that would look as an eternity band?

anyone seen aband like this?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey,
I''m having a hard time picturing how the square would come together. How are your drawing skills? I''ve seen lots of folks sketch
things out. Might be worth a try...or if you have the right tool you can take that 1st picture, crop out the big square, scale it down
some then attach a few together to see how they might look in a row. You would have to use your imagination to picture it curving
though.

Maybe I''ll try to do something up...I''m never good at this and I dont have the write tools but sometimes I get lucky.

Does you engagment ring have any milgrain on it?

tyty

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, this may be totally useless but I''ll post the pics anyway...I have card making software I used but then had to print
it out and take a picture of it (then resize it) so....

Anyways, I did what I mentioned in the above post. I dont know if it will help give you an idea of what the square will look
like or not. If you want me to try something else I can...but I''m working with a very limited tool
7.gif

lacmockup1.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
same picture just with different lighting...

lacmockup2.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
wow thanks for doing that....it is helpful but i am not sure if it will look good or not with and emerald cut. my stone is set in a fairly plain knife edged platinum mounting with a little milgraining around the bezel set side stones.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a tough call...without being able to try something on that is somewhat similar it would be hard to say. There would be a big
gap between your ering and this ring. You would have to be comfortable with that. If you could find a milgrain channel set ring with
larger stones that might give you a good idea.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:49:29 PM

OK, this may be totally useless but I''ll post the pics anyway...I have card making software I used but then had to print

it out and take a picture of it (then resize it) so....

Anyways, I did what I mentioned in the above post. I dont know if it will help give you an idea of what the square will look

like or not. If you want me to try something else I can...but I''m working with a very limited tool
7.gif

I wonder if there is a thread anywhere that shows what people have put with Emerald cuts to jazz up the look?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
the singletone one in the middle is very nice....hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results