shape
carat
color
clarity

24hr hold, please help!

pmbspyder

Rough_Rock
So i finally got the ASET images back from JA. Of the 3 i requested, only 1 was a real solid performer. Now, I have to decide on whether it should be this one, one from WF, or if I should entrust myself to GOG and have them hand pick one according to my parameters (I like that option because even though it's seemingly pricier, I KNOW that the diamond will be an amazing performer - it would be a sig GOG princess cut btw..) Here are links to the 2 stones, and an accompanying aset for the JA one. ANy opinions would be really really appreciated, the JA stone goes back out there in 24 hours! :shock:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1383265.asp

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2677733.htm

aset.jpg

Megenoita

Rough_Rock
My vote order:

1. GoG through Jonathan - one of the finest connoisseurs of diamonds in the world
2. Whiteflash
3. JA - They don't have a quantifiable reason it's "Ideal" other than their say-so and some more generic measurements which, as you may have seen through ASET images, is not always the same as a real "ideal" diamond. It annoys me when sites have too low of standards for what they call "ideal". WF has an AGS light performance report for their princesses which is solid-those are always gorgeous stones.

M

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How adventurous are you?

I ran across this looking for old cuts. I like this seller and feel he's very honest. So... if you are willing to take a small risk...Leo princesses are beautiful and cut to exacting standards. It's worth the gamble (there is a return policy)... and you could have it shipped directly to an appraiser. I'd best offer at 3,400 and see what the seller says. That would leave you with a nice budget for a setting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-PRICESS-LEO-CUT-DIAMOND-98CTS-SI-1-H-/370500991092?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item5643947874

pmbspyder

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies guys! I was kind of leaning toward Jon ( or at least away from JA based on those ASET images), or WF. I emailed Jon and we'll see if he has anything in inventory or coming down the pipeline that would fit my criteria!

Oh, and Gypsy: I'm a pretty adventurous guy, but not THAT adventurous! Thanks for the link, but I may have to pass on the bay! Thanks though!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
pmbspyder|1314841435|3006968 said:
thanks for the replies guys! I was kind of leaning toward Jon ( or at least away from JA based on those ASET images), or WF. I emailed Jon and we'll see if he has anything in inventory or coming down the pipeline that would fit my criteria!

Oh, and Gypsy: I'm a pretty adventurous guy, but not THAT adventurous! Thanks for the link, but I may have to pass on the bay! Thanks though!

Usually a good decision. There are mostly only bad buys on ebay. This isn't one of them. But you are better off with Jon for peace of mind.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have a specific GOG princess in mind? Are you hesitating on the WF diamond because of color?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the tiny table and high crown heights on those new WF ACA princesses.

That JA looks like a very nice commercial princess, if you don't want to spluge on a branded cut (designed for specific light return type, specifically eliminate any light escape at the corners under the table, etc.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results