shape
carat
color
clarity

24 Hours Until I Pay my Deposit!! Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

40ShadesOf Diamond!

Rough_Rock
Dear All,

I''ve been reading with great interest over the past 2 weeks the postings and fantastic advice that has been flying around here so I am confident I can count on one or 2 ladies and gents to help put my mind at rest.

I''ve committed to a 1.25, VS2, I, Ex Pol, Ex Symm, GIA, RB Stome in a Tiffany Style, 6 prong White Gold Setting for my Girlfriend.

I''ve plugged the dimensions - Depth - 60.6, Table - 56, Crown - 34.5, Pavillion - 40.8 into the HCA and I get 1.1.
Girdle is TN-STKF

Not sure how appropriate it is for me to mention who I have been dealing with, But he is based in NYC and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. I was directed through his website and when the person answered it was actually the owner. He did not have the specific stone I was looking for but within 30mins called back with a better alternative. Based on the rave reviews he regularily gets on these forums I have no doubt that he is one of the best guys to deal with.

Question is this - After some friendly haggling I got the price to $7000 all in for the stone and setting. Can somebody please just say, Yea, Thats a good, fair, decent etc price? This is easily the most expensive thing I have ever bought (for the most important person in my world) and I want to make sure everything is just so.. Will be paying a surprise visit in 2 weeks to pop the Q!!!

The owner was very sensitive to my budget and kindly came down to a mutually agreable price.

Thanks to all in advance who respond!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds within the realm of fairness to me. And you can always mention a vendor and should if you are happy with the service!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup, $7000 is within the ball park for a well cut stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that is a fair price for an excellent cut stone that size, etc. Post pictures for us when it comes!

40ShadesOf Diamond!

Rough_Rock
Dear All,

Many Many thanks for your help and confirmation. I''ll be popping up to NYC to Collect from Mark (Gentleman) next week. Can''t wait to see it. I''m a bit nerdy so have spent the majority of my time pouring over %, angles certs and cuts! I''ve every confidence in him and believe him when he says it''s a stunner. Can''t wait to give it to my girlfriend!!!

I''ll post whenever she lets it off her handy!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 8:45:16 PM
Author: 40ShadesOf Diamond!
Dear All,

Many Many thanks for your help and confirmation. I''ll be popping up to NYC to Collect from Mark (Gentleman) next week. Can''t wait to see it. I''m a bit nerdy so have spent the majority of my time pouring over %, angles certs and cuts! I''ve every confidence in him and believe him when he says it''s a stunner. Can''t wait to give it to my girlfriend!!!

I''ll post whenever she lets it off her handy!!

If this is Mark at ERD you have nothing to worry about. He really is a wonderful man, we bought my diamond and setting from him, he''s a class act.

lucky201

Rough_Rock
Not to steal your thunder, but I also just made a purchase through Mark and could not be happier. He was so kind and helpful and really walked me through the whole process without any pressure. He was very easy to work with and made me feel very comfortable. I found an amazing stone and am really excited to get the final product in my hands, and then on my girlfriend''s finger.

The ring itself is a three stone white gold trellis setting with .25ct diamond cut sapphire side stones and a .92 round brilliant I color VS2 center stone with a .9 HCA that really sparkles. It also has a strong blue fluor, which I like a lot since it helps it absolutely dazzle in the sunlight and plays off the blue of the sapphires really well. I''ll be sure to post pictures (in my own thread) when it comes. Thanks to all of you for steering me in Mark''s direction and providing me my undergrad "degree" in diamonds before Mark''s master''s course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results