shape
carat
color
clarity

20th Anniversary Coming Up

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone-

Over the years, I've collected 13 diamonds that are an average of .52ct to .53ct. They were for an eternity ring.
I thought I'd have this done a lot sooner but for whatever reason, it just hasn't happened. So for my 20th anniversary this year, I finally want to complete this project.

Can you all recommend a jeweler either in NYC, or someone who I can send the stones too but will cover the insurance for shipping?

I was going to go with Whiteflash since 10 of the stones were purchased from them, but I was told I'd have to find my own way to send the diamonds. I'm not a company and not convinced purchasing insurance will make a difference anyway, after a friend had an awful experience with USPS not covering a loss.

Appreciate all suggestions.

jjca

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone-

Over the years, I've collected 13 diamonds that are an average of .52ct to .53ct. They were for an eternity ring.
I thought I'd have this done a lot sooner but for whatever reason, it just hasn't happened. So for my 20th anniversary this year, I finally want to complete this project.

Can you all recommend a jeweler either in NYC, or someone who I can send the stones too but will cover the insurance for shipping?

I was going to go with Whiteflash since 10 of the stones were purchased from them, but I was told I'd have to find my own way to send the diamonds. I'm not a company and not convinced purchasing insurance will make a difference anyway, after a friend had an awful experience with USPS not covering a loss.

Appreciate all suggestions.

Would you consider UPS? They have pretty good customer service?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Would you consider UPS? They have pretty good customer service?

I don't think so. Not convinced they'd pay out in case of a loss. Which is why I'd rather go with someone local.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure DK will send you a shipping label that has their insurance. Others may be more familiar with this and know what limit there might be.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds by Lauren? Not sure if they will work on a project where you didn't purchase stones from them but I guess its worth
an ask.

Edit...DBL is in NY

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Klass will send a label for you. DiamondsbyLauren (DbL) is in NYC. Good luck!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Caysie has always sent me labels for shipping that included insurance for my stones.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn’t Steven Kirsch in NYC? He has always been highly recommended.

And as a side note congrats on your 20th! Mine is coming up soon and I also started collecting half carat OECs, but for a five stone band not an eternity. I can’t wait to follow your project!! Please post lots of updates!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh on another note if you get an appraisal for the diamonds and the setting invoice you can submit it to JM and get insurance that will cover you for shipping and during setting. Call them to confirm but that is an option where you could have more certainty about them paying out in the event of a loss.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.
@Dreamer_D Will definitely post pics. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results