shape
carat
color
clarity

2011 Christmas/Holiday Bling thread (post yours here!)

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you AprilBaby. The necklace is actually very comfortable. As to how much wear it'll get, I guess I'll just have to see. So far, I think I've only worn it 3 times. However, It does look very nice (and understated) with a nice crisp blouse and jeans. It's about 6-1/2" long so it sits in the perfect spot on my neck. It'll be a nice alternative to my DBY necklace and pendant.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom|1325461863|3093114 said:
Thank you AprilBaby. The necklace is actually very comfortable. As to how much wear it'll get, I guess I'll just have to see. So far, I think I've only worn it 3 times. However, It does look very nice (and understated) with a nice crisp blouse and jeans. It's about 6-1/2" long so it sits in the perfect spot on my neck. It'll be a nice alternative to my DBY necklace and pendant.

Yes, that is an amazing piece! :love:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
To celebrate a big promotion and as a Christmas gift to myself, I ordered a rose cut ring from JbEG (Jewels by Erica Grace)!

It's still being made (I have pewny fingers, so Grace suggested that they make one from scratch. Their customer services is top notch.) and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to get here. Mine will be in a high polish 18k yellow gold.

This is a photo from their site. I'll definitely post a thread and hand shots for my ring when I get it!

Rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring-9-M.jpg

I love seeing everyone else's happy bling on here! Happy New Year!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
briolette|1325527252|3093519 said:
To celebrate a big promotion and as a Christmas gift to myself, I ordered a rose cut ring from JbEG (Jewels by Erica Grace)!

It's still being made (I have pewny fingers, so Grace suggested that they make one from scratch. Their customer services is top notch.) and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to get here. Mine will be in a high polish 18k yellow gold.

This is a photo from their site. I'll definitely post a thread and hand shots for my ring when I get it!

Rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring-9-M.jpg

I love seeing everyone else's happy bling on here! Happy New Year!
I have been drooling over those rings ever since they were in the sneak peek. Congrats, I cannot wait to see your ring :love: Pleeeeease make a thread when you get it!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Santa was pretty good to me this year. My Dh gave me peral studs with removable rope like halos and an 18kt hammered gold band ring he purchased from a friend of my cousin who is a designer.
http://www.ippolita.com/gold-jewelry/rings/glamazonr-thick-faceted-band-ring.html
My DD gave me a Fossil watch that is chocolate and pink gold with "diamonds " round the bezel. She knows how I love rose gold!
Youngest son gave me a pink leather Pandora bracelet and a charm that is Cinderellas carraige because it has a crown on it and he knows I am the queen. :twirl:
Oldest son contribute to the Pandora collection with a Mickey head charm! I know Pandora is not a big favorite around here but I love it and my kids always seem to pick a charm fo its special meaning!

watch3a.jpg

ring1.jpg

pandorasanta.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1325404082|3092761 said:
diamondseeker2006|1325397257|3092727 said:
canuk-gal|1325392816|3092698 said:
diamondseeker2006|1325215748|3091198 said:
Okay, I didn't want to change clothes to take a neck shot of the cross, so it is on over a turtleneck, sorry! These are not good and really do not show how bright the cross is on. I honestly think this is the best size for me for a diamond cross.

HI:

Hope you enjoy your cross as much as I do mine!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! I remember clearly when you got yours and have had it on my list ever since! I am glad I finally found one!

DS I can't believe how big and bright your cross looks on :love: it's just gorgeous, you and Sharon have fun wearing those - I am looking forward to getting mine =)

HI MJ:

Look forward to your pics!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband surprised me with this beauty...

photo.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another
0.92 E VS2
photo-1.jpg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you did get spoilt =) it's lovely Diamond Dana and it looks huge on your finger :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MonnyJay...I think I missed your post that Sharon quoted, but thank you very much and I look forward to seeing yours!

Wow, more beautiful items Briolette, Mayk, Elisa, and DiamondDana!!! I think some people around here had a VERY good Christmas!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1325754455|3095571 said:
Wow you did get spoilt =) it's lovely Diamond Dana and it looks huge on your finger :wavey:
Thank you!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread! I got 2 jewelry items for Christmas - one from me to me :appl: and one from my husband! I bought myself a watch on a business trip to NYC the week before Christmas. The hubby actually talked me into it. Then he surprised me with a beautiful little diamond, milgrained band to stack with my other right hand bands. That ring had to be sized so I'll post a photo of it later, but here's my gorgeous Rado watch. It was everything I was looking for - all stainless (even the dial), roman numerals, date, thin, nice bracelet with a mix of shiny and brushed stainless, second hand. I love it. It took me 3 days during the trip to buy it and I'm so glad I did! I looked all over NYC and couldn't find anything I liked better (other than a similar watch in Tiffany that cost WAY more than I wanted to spend...).

rado.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Here's are some pics of my 2011 Christmas purchase- A rose cut diamond ring by jbEG:

rose14.jpg

rose13.jpg

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix.... I L O V E those earrings!!!
when you decide to wear studs... feel free to let me wear those gorgeous babies because they should never be left out of the spotlight :naughty:

Everyone's Bling is just wonderful! This Christmas I got a pair of eternity rings in WG. I am a huge fan of YG for most of my rings, but wanted something I could mix and match to give my rings a two tone look! I had to have them made for me, of course as no one carries size 9.5 rings in stock :roll: ( stupid fingers... I so need finger lipo :lol: ) I will take some pics as soon as I can and post them

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Unbelievably beautiful jewellery! Talk about viewing pleasure...this is heaps better than tv!

I had a 'moment' this Christmas... my husband is a bit of a 'tryer', bless his heart and this year instead of going to the local mass cheap 9k shop, he stepped out to one of the best jewellers in town and came back with a HOF 'something'.
Turned out to be a lovely, delicate 10-pointer eternity ring (in Australia 'eternity' is a ring given as a later gift to be worn with the wedding set - it doesn't refer to the setting style). the details: actually, it's a .48 ctw, as the two end stones are 9-pointers, it gives a slightly more delicate, subtly tapered look.

...and here's the pics!! As you can see, the 10-pointers balance beautifully with my solitaire (well, according to standards / norms in my part of the world, anyway :wink2: ) I love how the 10 pointers enhance, not diminish or compete. It's like a 'mini-halo' you have when you're not having a halo! :love: YG is still commonly loved and accepted here!

eternity five stone cropped.jpg

eternity five stone1 cropped.jpg

the set cropped.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your watch, Katie, and your rose cut ring, briolette! :appl:

Lara, wow, your husband did well! I love your set! It is very close to what I want other than mine are platinum. My original set is yg, though, and I still think yg is beautiful with diamonds!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hey diamond seeker, long time no 'virtual reality' heheh. Nice to see you're still here.

I was pretty surprised at how well he picked out the proportions, I dare say this ring would go very well with any solitaire, of any size.

The rest of my set is knife edged, this is flat, and quite a wide band...but with the style, that is not a problem.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1326171181|3099138 said:
Love your watch, Katie, and your rose cut ring, briolette! :appl:
Yep, beautiful photographs!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara it looks perfect with your gorgeous e-ring!! Hubby did very well! :bigsmile:

Beautiful jewellery, ladies! Santa was a good boy in 2011.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am loving this watch too! So fun seeing everyone's holiday goodies.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
For Christmas, I received:

a strand of pink/peach freshwater pearls from Pearl Paradise. 7mm

a pair of 8mm Tahitian stud earrings (not pictured, though I'm sure you can picture them in your mind)

my mother gave me her 2.75 carat Imperial (Precious) topaz ring set in 14kt YG
and her blue topaz pendant which I wear on a strand of white freshwater pearls!

Picture 5.png

photo-1.JPG

photo.JPG

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that colour combo of sky blue and creamy white (the topaz and pearl) always looks so fresh and lovely!
What a swag you got for Christmas / hols! :) Did you know the ring was coming, or was it a surprise? Will you wear it often?

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lara,
I had no idea the ring was coming. Actually, I bought that stone at a gem show in 2008 and had my dad pay for the setting. (It was an irregular sized gem so they had to hand make the basket.) My dad and I presented it to my mom for her 60th birthday in 2008. She wore it for several years and then gave it to me. I asked her if it was weird to be parting with it so soon and she said it wasn't because it was staying in the family. She contends that it looks better on me, but I think she wears yellow gold better than I do. She can visit the ring anytime she wants, but she seems pretty sure that she's ready for me to have it. ::)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lara- your husband did such a great job :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
your mother sounds very nice, Tanzigrrl (I like your name btw)
I wonder if it's hormones that makes older ladies so nice?!

I can't imagine giving back a diamond like that...they'll have to prise them from my stiff, cold fingers HAHA *insert crazed thunderous laugh here*)

Amys Bling|1326289234|3100248 said:
Lara- your husband did such a great job :)

Yes, here's hoping he does the same again.... he keeps singing 'you aint seen nothin yet', so expectations are running high!!
We had an interesting discussion today ...about boats...
I was singing 'I'm so excited!' and he said: 'talking about jewellery is so boring, let's talk about boats.'

I said: 'I'll sort out your boat, give me the cheque book and I'll be back in an hour.'
He said: 'If you went to a cheap, horrible boat shop, I would be worried... but if you went to the best possible boat shop, everything would be good and I wouldn't have to worry.'

I said: 'The thing is, size really does matter, doesn't it.'
He said: 'What? in Boats??!!'
Me: 'yes...and other expensive things... You woudn't want to be downgraded!'
Him: ' aah talking about jewellery is sooo boring, let's talk about something else...'
::)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1325276000|3091737 said:
Everyone got such beautiful gifts! Santa was very generous this year indeed! :love: I thought that I would add mine as well, they had evidently sold the matching earrings but DH had them bring in a few pair for me to look at and they should arrive just after the new year. very exciting!

Can we have some neck shots? :D

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starshine|1325216647|3091216 said:
marcy|1325215672|3091197 said:
Starshine, your pendant is perfection. It looks amazing. (Threadjack - do you like astronomy?)

Thank you! Lol--no, not into astronomy much. My mom used to sing "Good Morning Starshine" when I was little and I tend to hum it when I put my jewelry on in the morning....guess I'm saying good morning to my bling! =)

That's cute. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great Christmas gifts. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results