shape
carat
color
clarity

2001 Roberto Coin "Star of David" necklace

Ciara_360

Rough_Rock
This piece was given to me from my mom before she pasted away. I wear it every day as it means so much. In March the clasp broke and I sent it to Roberto Coin thinking I would keep the piece original. I was not able to remove the piece from the chain so I had to send in the entire piece. When I went to pick up my piece a month later it had been switched out for the "tiny treasure" pieces of today. I later received an email from Alberto from Roberto Coin stating--we switched out your piece thinking you would like the piece of today. The audacity! He further said he found my piece and is sending it with gifts for my trouble. The second piece I got back is also not my piece. In fact, it is so cheap looking--I would never purchase such an item. I have images of my piece with the word of a Certified Gemologist stating my piece has a heavier wheat chain not the link chain and my diamonds are larger. Even with the word of a Certified Gemologist Roberto Coin will not give me my piece back. If anyone has any ideas to help or images front and back of the 2001-2004, Star of David please if you would kindly send them my way. --Heart Broken

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ciarra, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how they can sleep at night, taking some one's piece and 'replacing' it with an impostor. And with a symbol of faith, no less. I don't have any advice, but hopefully other posters will. If it's slow, give it a day or two, sometimes the board has less traffic on the weekend. I really hope you get your necklace back, very soon.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's terrible-I hope you can get this resolved. Did you send Roberto Coin the photos of your original necklace?

Ciara_360

Rough_Rock
KaeKae, Thanks so much for your reply. Roberto Coin's pinnacle years were from 1999-2005. During these years RC pieces were works of art--absolutely beautiful front and back. He won awards--they are collector pieces. Which is the "motive" and why I no longer have my piece. As the economy began to take a down turn--as did the quality of RC pieces (2006 on) mass produced. My actual piece hung with weightiness and proper definitive quality. It did not flop around on my neck. The "Tiny Treasures" and the piece RC now calls mine flops around--is light in weight and just plain cheap looking. Posts: 2531 on this site shows the RC necklaces 2001-2004. Posts: 13005 on this site shows the "Tiny Treasures" pieces (however these "Tiny Treasure" were from 2007--they are even cheaper in quality today). I really need an image of the back of the 2001-2004 RC, Star of David and exactly were RC markings are. The back of the piece RC now calls mine is a complete insult to my piece. I want my piece back. Please if anyone has any ideas--pass them on. This is to be passed on to my beloved daughter. --Heart Broken

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry this happened to you, do you have any photos where the necklace is visible? Perhaps you could enlarge the images and point out the difference...I would definitely keep on them and make sure they realize you will not go away until you have your original piece back.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry for your trouble. I might also browse online Estate jewellers or ebay; you might find vendors have more pictures (closeups) of the item for sale, and perhaps you might find what you are looking for....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results