shape
carat
color
clarity

2 weeks until we leave for Greece, and I do not have a ring yet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jimbojunior

Rough_Rock
I really want to propose to my SO in Greece, but we are leaving in 2 weeks. I am a complete diamond buying amateur but have been reading online for the past few weeks. I know she wants a very nice princess. I am happy to break my bank for the ring, because she deserves it. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions or thoughts on these stones. My main priority is the cut and fire of the stone. I have read GIA certificates are not the best, but do you think these stones being classified as "premium" or "expert selection" trumps this? What about the other characteristics of the stone?

Also, since we are going to be in Greece for 3 weeks, does anyone know if any online retailers are willing to extend their return policy in case for some reason she does not like the stone?

Thank you!!

http://engagementringsdirect.com/loose_detail.php/session/cf00665b3c18c3ba5a62373568964888/id/18000567/sz/150/premium/premium
2.1 carats premium cut ERD, GIA certif., I, VS1 $11,184
http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-912109.htm
1.9 carats, WF expert selection, GIA certif., H, VS2, $11,695
http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-912104.htm
1.81 carats, WF expert selection , GIA certif., I, VS1 $9865

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really liking any of these, but if I have to choose only from them, I would go for the 1.9c ES.

Jimbojunior

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much. Any other potentials for a nicely cut princess for under 12,000? I feel like I can look all day but do not know the key distinguishing features between stones. Thanks again!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 10:37:48 PM
Author: Jimbojunior
Thank you all so much. Any other potentials for a nicely cut princess for under 12,000? I feel like I can look all day but do not know the key distinguishing features between stones. Thanks again!
I''m of huge fan of the Crafted by Infinity princesses. The sparkle is amazing. Link Here''s a 1.83 K VS1 for $10,242 (with PS discount) that will blow her socks off. Here is the ASET.
30.gif

CraftedbyInfinityPrincess183.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMHO "K" is too low of a color for a Princess that size. You will see tint ... and that''s a big risk for a surprise proposal e-ring.
38.gif
Especially if it turns out she is color-sensitive
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 10:37:48 PM
There isn't much out there for the size you want for that budget regrettably which is well cut, what is the minimum weight you are ok with?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:02:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

There isn''t much out there for the size you want for that budget regrettably which is well cut, what is the minimum weight you are ok with?
Ditto. So far I''d go with that GOG stone, very nice, and nice size. And the company is great to work with. They have a 30 day return policy, but if you need more time, I''m certain if you explain they would most likely extend it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 8:20:37 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/26/2009 7:02:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

There isn''t much out there for the size you want for that budget regrettably which is well cut, what is the minimum weight you are ok with?
Ditto. So far I''d go with that GOG stone, very nice, and nice size. And the company is great to work with. They have a 30 day return policy, but if you need more time, I''m certain if you explain they would most likely extend it.
Yep, thats the only one which is showing up for the price and size.

Jimbojunior

Rough_Rock
Is the stone from GOG a decent deal or should I wait until more stones come into stock meeting my specs? I do not have to propose on our trip in 2 weeks. If she is going to be wearing the ring forever, I want her to love it. If I need to wait to get her a ring she will love, then I can.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:39:01 AM
Is the stone from GOG a decent deal or should I wait until more stones come into stock meeting my specs? I do not have to propose on our trip in 2 weeks. If she is going to be wearing the ring forever, I want her to love it. If I need to wait to get her a ring she will love, then I can.

Well, about the only thing you would be holding out for is an I SI1 in a slightly larger size. Not over the 2 ct. mark though. That would be a big price jump, in a well cut stone. And you want to stick with a great cut, it's what truly makes the stone. So, I guess I'm saying, you could wait, but it's going to be tricky to find that I'm thinking....Not sure how long you'd have to wait.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the GOG stone is a good deal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It depends, that is the only one showing up right now, the price is fine. You could wait and see what comes in of maybe higher colour with top cut quality, but no way of knowing how long that will be. But if you prefer to wait don''t leap necessarily if you are unsure.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

I think the GOG stone is quite nice. The ASET is what you should be looking for.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_reference_chart_ASET.asp

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto. Good cut, now is just up to your personal preferences.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 4:53:41 PM
What about this stone compared to the GOG stone? Thank you all. I feel more confident about the stone I am picking already.

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/Whiteflash-ACA-Princess-cut-diamond-78231.htm#
If you would feel more comfortable with a G colour then give this one serious consideration. Both have top cuts so it depends on you - whether you would prefer higher colour and a bit smaller ( assuming this one is eyeclean to your standards) or lower colour and a bit larger.

Jimbojunior

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the help!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome! Let us know what you decide, we love endings.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, the G color would be nice, but I''d be tempted to try the I color 1.73 ct. stone just to get the extra size. Both are excellent in cut, so you cannot go wrong.

Aida1010

Shiny_Rock
you may want to check out blue nile as well. here''s a ring i put together on there for ya. my friend has this exact setting with a 1.7 princess, and it is breathtakingly beautiful. the setting is just amazing and so dainty and sparkly in person. also the way the prongs are from the side, is a sharp V shape. You can''t tell in the picture, but it''s a little different in person. They are super fast with shipping rings. You could have this ring by april 2nd.

http://www.bluenile.com/design.jsp?filter_id=1

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for the slightly better colour, and therefore ever so slightly smaller stone - it will look amazing. If you can get it done by the holiday that would be just beautiful ... she will never forget it. My husband proposed in Scotland and it was a really beautiful part of our holiday with real significance. Good luck whatever you decide. To me all these stones are beautiful, but I think the colour is important.

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock

loveloveloveit, may I ask where in Scotland did your husband propose to you? I will be proposing to my GF in Scotland as well during our holiday, but I''m still trying to find a good place.

OP, I apologize… I''m not trying to high-jack the thread; new user and I could not find how to PM another user -thanks.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, Urquhart Castle was the location overlooking Lochness - we were there in winter (it was damn cold) so it was a fairly quiet day and he says as soon as we arrived he just knew it was the right place, and the most beautfiul place we''d been to that holiday. He had been planning to do it a few days prior at a castle we stayed at, but when we got there it wasn''t as exquisite as he had imagined (I had planned all our accommodation, not him, and I was working to a budget!!) so he waited for a better place. We stayed in a converted church nearby which was also really nice. I can post you a photo of the location if you like?

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thank you, loveloveloveit! No need for the pic, though I appreciate it. I don''t want to further impose on the OP thread. I will be at that location for a wedding, so I probably will not be doing it there because of the conflict. I plan to do it, at least for now, at the top of Calton Hill in Edinburgh -I hope it works out! Thanks again!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The WF and GOG stones are both fabulous! And I color in an ideal cut princess is nothing to worry about. I have a WF ACA princess that''s an I, and the brilliance due to the great cut makes it look really white. If you''re at all concerned, get the G...you really can''t go wrong with either of those stones. I see the I is on hold now...was that you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results