shape
carat
color
clarity

2 sparklies or 1?

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
My dear Ps'ers I once again need your help with a decision. I placed an order for a 2ctw bangle yesterday but think I have enough time to change my mind -

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/shared-prong-diamond-bangle-750.htm

And was wondering if I should stretch my budget a bit and get 2 bangles of 1tcw each or get one with 2ctw? Since it is shared prong, can I wear both of them one hand if I get 2? I am Indian so definitely need something that would stand out when I wear it to a party and not be lost in all the colors and gold jewelry.

Please help.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, I vote for two bangles! I love the look of multiple delicate bangles ... and, while I could be wrong (no hands-on experience), I don't think the visual difference between a two-carat bangle and a one-carat bangle will be all that great, whereas the difference between two actual bangles and just one? Will.

Do it! And post pics of the yumminess ....

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I vote for 2 as well. You have more options with two...wear together, wear on separate arms, etc.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
So I spoke to Sheerah and she said If I need it by next Tuesday the 9th, I will not be able to get the two 1 carat bangles. Since I placed the order yesterday for the 2carat bangle, they can guarantee that. Since there is a 30 day return policy, I can exchange the 2 ct bangle for the two 1ctw bangle within the 30 days if I don't like the 2ctw one. I also palced an order for the 0.25ctw XO pendant.

I am so excited about this one. I wear bangles on a daily basis. I have 2 gold bangles given to me by my mom that I wear on the left hand every single day. my style is eclectic and I try to mix yellow gold, rose gold and platinum pieces every day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I hope you can get two--I am a bangle person and love mine!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I was going to vote for the 2 carat then add maybe a plain gold bangle to go with it if you wanted to wear two. I know
thats probably not in your budget for now but maybe after a little while. I also like this braclet (see link) so if you wanted
2 you could go for a 1 carat and something like this that is more substantial.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/scattered-diamond-bangle-54.htm

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I would get two in two different colors of gold.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote 2 bangles!!!

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Oh you guys...I feel so bad that I did not post yesterday. I usually make a decision very slowly. Discuss with you PS'ers and also a lot with the husband. This time around I made a decision really quickly and placed the order but was going back and forth after I saw the 1ct bangles on pricescope so I decided to post. Sheerah assured me that I can return it if I don't like the 2ct bangle so I will wait and see. I decided to take some pics of the stuff I am wearing today. Especially the bangles. These I wear everyday as I mentioned in my post earlier today but plan on wearing the 2 ct bangle instead of the 22 carat bangles every now and then.

Bangles1.jpg
Bangles5.jpg
bangles3.jpg
Bangles2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They would look fabulous all together, too!

Your bangles are beautiful, btw :love: my mother, grandmother, great grandmother all have bangles like that, in multiples going up their arms. It's such a glamorous look! I'm just biding my time ::)

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Yssie. I like them a lot too and I haven't taken them off since my mom gave them to me in May. My mom has like 40 or so bangles in different designs some plain and some very intricate. She is a bangle nut. And I like these bangles a lot because they are simple and not at all intricate and that I can wear them everyday. Do you borrow your Mom's bangles? I always borrow from my mom because I know I can't wear them everyday but I can wear them to parties and since she has so many different designs it is kind of nice that I don't have to own any of them but can change the look very easily.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I was originally going to say 2 of the 1ctw bangles, but after seeing the size of your gold bangles, I think you should stick with the 2ctw bangle! I think the 1ctw bangle may get lost amidst larger bangles. I own the BGD 1.5ctw bangle, but I originally ordered the 1ctw bangle but I felt I needed something bigger as it was quite narrow. My plan is to down the road maybe get another 1.5ctw in rose gold! Yummy!!! So that would be my recommendation to you - keep the 2ctw and then down the road add another 2ctw in rose or yellow gold! Good luck! They will be beautiful whatever you decide!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkprashu|1312400201|2983325 said:
Thanks Yssie. I like them a lot too and I haven't taken them off since my mom gave them to me in May. My mom has like 40 or so bangles in different designs some plain and some very intricate. She is a bangle nut. And I like these bangles a lot because they are simple and not at all intricate and that I can wear them everyday. Do you borrow your Mom's bangles? I always borrow from my mom because I know I can't wear them everyday but I can wear them to parties and since she has so many different designs it is kind of nice that I don't have to own any of them but can change the look very easily.

I wish I could! Our wrist and hand sizes are very different though, and I'm constantly worrying they'll slip right off on the rare occasion I do borrow.

My grandmother recently passed away and I now have a few of hers, which are the perfect size - they've been getting a lot of use lately. I don't remember ever seeing her without her bangles or her giant nose stud, so it's nice to have a couple of them of my own :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results