shape
carat
color
clarity

2 sets of trapezoids as side stones?

• Thread starter Thread starter LD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anybody got or seen (or can find a picture of) a central stone (mine is a radiant) with a trapezoid either side and then another trapezoid again (so basically the two act to look like one huge trapezoid). Does that make sense?

This is what I''m trying to achieve but it''s one thing playing on Powerpoint it''s another seeing it come to life and I don''t want to be horribly disappointed
6.gif
Although my finger size is a 6 my fingers are quite podgy so I need finger coverage so the ring doesn''t get lost! If you have any other ideas how I can achieve this, please chime in.

Nice idea! I don''t recall seeing anything but maybe someone else will know.

Thanks Lorelei - gotta say that I love your avatar - it brings back tons of childhood memories!

Date: 3/1/2009 7:01:56 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Thanks Lorelei - gotta say that I love your avatar - it brings back tons of childhood memories!
LOL!! YAY another Andy Pandy fan!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You know you can watch it on YouTube now.....click here....
face23.gif

I don''t have a photo, but love the idea! You''ve pieced it together very nicely too.

haven''t seen one but this looks really delicious. I love traps

Date: 3/1/2009 7:07:12 AM
Author: Lorelei

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

face23.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
9.gif

LD, I don''t "think" I''ve seen a ring like that, but if I come across one, I''ll post it!

Date: 3/1/2009 8:43:20 AM
Author: Ellen

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

face23.gif
9.gif

LD, I don't 'think' I've seen a ring like that, but if I come across one, I'll post it!
ooooh flobalobalobs....
9.gif

face20.gif

roflmao!!!!!

Date: 3/1/2009 8:47:20 AM

Date: 3/1/2009 8:43:20 AM

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

face23.gif
9.gif

LD, I don''t ''think'' I''ve seen a ring like that, but if I come across one, I''ll post it!
ooooh flobalobalobs....
9.gif

face20.gif

roflmao!!!!!
lol.gif

53266vc9f8mmjke.gif

lol

LD, how big of a center stone do you have? I''m just thinking, a size 6 is not huge....and I''m wondering if 2 stones on each side "might" be too much?

Date: 3/1/2009 9:01:51 AM
lol

LD, how big of a center stone do you have? I''m just thinking, a size 6 is not huge....and I''m wondering if 2 stones on each side ''might'' be too much?
I was wondering that - good point, on the size of the centre diamond.

Hi LD, my ring is a 5.5 size, and has a cushion cut center with half moons and then traps. Not exactly what you were looking for but a similar look.

sidetrapshalfmoon.jpg

Date: 3/1/2009 9:11:49 AM
Author: mayachel
Hi LD, my ring is a 5.5 size, and has a cushion cut center with half moons and then traps. Not exactly what you were looking for but a similar look.
Oooooo Mayachel - looks great! Do you have a top shot please?

Lorelei/Ellen - Central radiant is 1.01ct but faces up quite small at 5.65 x 5.11 x 3.84 mm. However, from clipped longest edge to clipped longest edge it''s only 3.5-4mm max. So the first trap would be 4mm on the longest edge and about 3mm (ish) on the shortest. The next trap would then need to be 3mm x 2mm (or thereabouts) so will be quite small I think.

Date: 3/1/2009 9:22:56 AM

Date: 3/1/2009 9:11:49 AM
Author: mayachel
Oooooo Mayachel - looks great! Do you have a top shot please?

Lorelei/Ellen - Central radiant is 1.01ct but faces up quite small at 5.65 x 5.11 x 3.84 mm. However, from clipped longest edge to clipped longest edge it''s only 3.5-4mm max. So the first trap would be 4mm on the longest edge and about 3mm (ish) on the shortest. The next trap would then need to be 3mm x 2mm (or thereabouts) so will be quite small I think.
That sounds fine then!

I think it would look great in real life. That look reminds me of some Leon Mege rings like this one.

Date: 3/1/2009 9:30:24 AM
Author: thing2of2
I think it would look great in real life. That look reminds me of some Leon Mege rings like this one.
Oh clever you! That''s exactly what I had in my head!!! Move over Leon, there''s a new designer on the patch
9.gif

Thank you so much.

Well done Thing!!!

Date: 3/1/2009 9:45:19 AM

Well done Thing!!!
Dittoes!

Date: 3/1/2009 9:53:49 AM

Well done Thing!!!
Dittoes!

9.gif

Quite welcome, LovingDiamonds! (Except now I just spent a half an hour looking at Leon rings and I desperately want one!
3.gif
)

Date: 3/1/2009 9:58:01 AM

Well done Thing!!!
Dittoes!

9.gif

Quite welcome, LovingDiamonds! (Except now I just spent a half an hour looking at Leon rings and I desperately want one!
3.gif
)
Take a bow Thing!!!
curtsey.gif

Thanks, sure do!

topshot2345.jpg

wow! gorgeous, mayachel!

and the leon ring isnt too horrible either...

:D

Date: 3/1/2009 9:59:24 AM
Date: 3/1/2009 9:58:01 AM

Well done Thing!!!
Dittoes!

9.gif

3.gif
)

Take a bow Thing!!!

curtsey.gif

If you insist...

bigo-smile.gif

Oh, I like the idea and think it would look great!

Mayachel - very pretty indeed. It''s good to see how the dimensions work. Thanks for sharing.

I''m very excited now! I think the traps have to be step cuts not brilliant cuts - what does everybody else think?

I think it will look very cool--and deco with the step cuts. I love the Leon that Thingo posted. Very exciting LD!

LD-I looked at a ring with a round center and 4 sets of trap cut sapphires on each side, channel set, it was lovely!!!

Date: 3/1/2009 10:37:49 AM
Mayachel - very pretty indeed. It''s good to see how the dimensions work. Thanks for sharing.

I''m very excited now! I think the traps have to be step cuts not brilliant cuts - what does everybody else think?
Definitely step cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP