shape
carat
color
clarity

2 problems i need help with

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wse

Rough_Rock
i purchased the HW micropave ering for my soon to be fiance, its a 2.43ct center stone but i havent thought too much about other issues...

typically when it comes to the wedding band, is she supposed to wear it on the same finger as the ering or on her right hand? also is there some cost % that people usually stick to when it comes to how much they spend on the band vs the engagement ring?

ive have 3 rings in mind to match the micropave which are big in price difference but maybe you guys can help me out...

the first one... http://www.faycullen.com/wedding_bands/800/b414r1d.html
the second one... http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00044&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+1-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+swing+ring&search=1
the third one... http://www.sohogem.com/ps-319-3-20-85-212.aspx?pagenum=5&SortType=0

and my next problem... i keep hearing people mention that i need to buy her an additional gift that i give her at the dinner of our wedding.. is this normal?

if so, what do you think of this as a wedding gift? http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=22090739&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+tiffany+grand&search=1

thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you buy an actual HW ring or a replica? if you bought the actual HW ring, get the HW wedding band. If not, who made the replica? i'd probably have them make the wedding band. I personally would not buy from Fay cullen, poor return policy as well as quality issues in some of the settings I've seen. I think you might want to wait until you propose and let her choose her own wedding band though.

I like wearing the wedding band on the same hand as the e-ring but i'm traditional that way. many women do opt to move the e-ring to the right hand and wear the wedding band on the left. it should be up to her.

my husband did not give me an additional gift but that tiffany watch is gorgeous and I'd have gladly accepted it if were given to me
9.gif

ETA: do you have pics of the ring, it sounds amazing!!

wse

Rough_Rock
nope, its an actual hw... i just put the order in with the rep a few days ago and they said it would take 4-6 weeks to complete the setting with the stone/sizing taken into consideration

i put down quite a bit for the ring, so i really really dont want to go nuts with the band.. lol

thanks for the heads up on fay cullen... do you think the band im considering from soho gem is a bit too busy to mix with the hw micropave?

as soon as i get the word that its complete, ill put some pics up right away!

wse

Rough_Rock
ok so i pulled up the hw site real quick... and i want something simple to match the ering...

would you go with #2 or #6?

thanks!

wse-hwbands.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 8:42:30 PM
Author: wse

do you think the band im considering from soho gem is a bit too busy to mix with the hw micropave?

as soon as i get the word that its complete, ill put some pics up right away!

I think the band is lovely but personally wouldn't pair it on the same hand as the HW ring. I've got a similar ring to the one you just purchased. Mine's a daniel K cushion halo. I haven't purchased the wedding band yet but will be getting a thin pave wedding band to wear with it. I would think HW makes a thin pave wedding band that would work well with the e-ring and I can't imagine the price being higher than the Tiffany swing ring you posted. I really do think you might want to wait unless the wedding will be really quit and give her the ring and let her choose what wedding band she wants. it's easy for us to guess or say what we'd choose but since she's the one wearing it, her opinion is really the one that matters
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 8:47:45 PM
ok so i pulled up the hw site real quick... and i want something simple to match the ering...

would you go with #2 or #6?

thanks!

with a pave ring, I''d go with a pave wedding band. i''m surpised HW doesn''t have a pave band on the site, surely they make one??

anyway, here''s a pic of a DK band...again, i''m sure HW makes on to go with the pave e-ring:

danielkpaveband.png

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
is your ring this one?

HWmicropave2008.JPG

wse

Rough_Rock
ill be sure to head over there again on thursday when i have some free time

ihave a 15% discount whenever i buy from tiffanys, i wish i had it at hw too lol

wse

Rough_Rock
yep thats the one...

however, im having them make the micropave/surrounding stones more proportional to match the picture... they showed me a sample setting and placed the stone in the setting and it didnt look as glamorous as the image.. hence the extra down time to replicate the exact look lol

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well that ring is just amazing!! it will be worth the wait...

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be a pain and say that maybe your future fiance would like to have a say in the wedding band? Maybe culturally/traditionally for you that it is supposed to be a surprise, but I personally wanted to pick out my own wedding band.

But WONDERFUL job on the engagement ring, it''s absolutely gorgeous and I''m sure she''ll just love it!

wse

Rough_Rock
i know her taste and shes very indecisive... so i know what i get will be best...

i went to hw and saw a pave band but didnt like it
7.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 10:51:33 PM

i went to hw and saw a pave band but didnt like it
7.gif

maybe once you get the ring, take it to tiffany''s and see if any of their wedding bands would look nice. you won''t get an exact match but I honestly like it when rings aren''t always perfectly matched. i really like the swing band but would have to see it with the ring to see if it would look cool as a set. also, tiffany makes a new metro band that might be complement the e-ring nicely. I''d wait until you get the ring though b/c you just won''t know until you can see them together.

wse

Rough_Rock
you know its funny you mentioned the tiff metro band.. i was looking at it today lol

wse

Rough_Rock
got pics for those of you who were waiting :)

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/got-the-hw-micropave-yesterday-t91516.html

golden

Shiny_Rock
I would do a Cartier or Rolex over a Tiffany watch

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful watch, I am sure she would love it. My husband and I did not give any extra gifts on our wedding day...my husband sent me some roses, but that was it (I still have the card 11 years later). We paid for the bulk of our wedding, and we had a honeymoon to pay for as well...I guess our wedding bands were our wedding gifts!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring! The only thing I think that would look right with it is the matching ring made exactly like the shank of the engagement ring. If you can afford that e-ring, the HW wedding band will be like spending loose change, seriously! I wouldn''t consider anything else.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock

Love your ring and I am sure you will find a lovely band for it too. Hopefully you can get a HW band. I would keep it simple and let the emphasis be on that stunning ering. A band might look plain/modest on it''s own, but then be so great alongside the ring. Ask the SA to advise you.

As for the wedding dinner gift - hey, I never got one! I don''t know if those are so common in my area. Other people, do you have a jewelry gift from your wedding? At the time my DH really could not have afforded it anyhow, so just as well. But times have changed, so....sounds like I may have to have a word w/ my DH
2.gif
plus my birthday is coming........
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results