shape
carat
color
clarity

2 OECs in rose gold pendant - remodeling job!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
Here is yet another recycling project of mine! I had been given this 3 stone diamond ring by my grandmother. It wasn't quite my taste or style so I went about redoing it. She's fine with my choice to remodel. Anyway, I had my trusty B&M jeweler make this lovely pendant for me. It features 2 OEC diamonds (my favorite!!!) the one on the top is a .16 carat I / SI1 and the one on the bottom is a .38 carat I / SI2, both perfectly eye-clean. My entire jewelry collection is platinum and white gold so I decided to branch out and try 14kt rose gold. I really love it! It's very fun for a change. The pendant features the same filagree work on the sides of the piece as the bail but my attempts to get a good photo of it have been unsuccessful thus far.

What did I do with the 3rd diamond in the ring? Ah, well, it was a .16 modern RB so I used it to upgrade the diamond in my silver anklet and used the .10 carat that had been in my anklet to have my jeweler make a "loupe charm" for me. Now I'll be able to pick my loupe out of a crowd, right?! :naughty:

3stone.jpg

OEC_Pendant1.jpg

LoupeCharm.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sterling silver anklet, now with .16 carat diamond as opposed to the .10 carat diamond (before). Hey, 0.06 point is an upgrade, right?! :tongue:

Anklet_Diamond.jpg

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, beautiful pieces and I LOVE that rose gold with the OECs! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces! Thats so funny ...a loop charm...only a dedicated PSer could think of a loop charm! :bigsmile:

lorimiow

Rough_Rock
Love the rose gold pendant!!! Great choice!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful make over~~ :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pendant is gorgeous - love the rose gold against your skin :love:

Loupe charm - ::) :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is lovely. I like your ankle bracelet and how fun to have a charm on your loupe.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the rose gold. And the loupe charm is just too cute.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Sooooooooooooooo in love with that pendant!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the rose gold pendant as well! And you now have the honor of having the best loupe decoration ever!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
The rose gold is fantastic with the OEC's, I love the remodel!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, all. I have to say, I am really enjoying the rose gold. I have been enjoying it in other PSer's collections and am really enjoying my first piece of rose gold. And, of course, like any true PSer, I'm already trying to strategize how to go about a reset for another piece so I can add more rose gold into my collection! :appl:

I must give my husband credit for coming up with the loupe charm idea. I asked him, "what should I do with my 'leftover' .10 carat diamond?" He said, how about a loupe charm?! He might have been being facetious at the time, but I took his idea and ran with it to my jeweler and they quite happily made the idea a reality!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic group of remodels! The rose gold is TO DIE FOR, and the anklet is just adorable, but the loupe charm, that is priceless, I LOVE IT!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Great ideas!!

All your new pieces are lovely! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Nice choices! I love them both!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new remodeled pieces!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely project and re-making it in rose gold suits the age of the diamonds! Enjoy wearing all your new pieces.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, all. I definitely chose the rose gold to suit the age of the diamonds. They are also warmish diamonds - I could see the "I" color in them when they were in the white gold setting. The rose gold does lovely things for the warmth of the stones. It both enhances their color and makes them seem whiter. I realize that is a direct contradiction, but it really does seem to have both effects! :tongue:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh!! :love: I love makeovers! Is there a show me your makeover thread? If not we need to start one! you did an amazing job, I love your pendant with the RG and anklet and the loupe :bigsmile: adorable!!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea, Christina. We do need a "show me your makeovers" thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results