Votes: 44 71.0%
  • Middle has best color

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Right has best color

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for voting and giving me your thoughts everyone. You mostly picked the Gia G which I had tried out. From these pics it looked whiter to me than the F stone I was considering. I do think the lighting was making the difference in these pics. I decided to try the F. Hopefully it will be terrific!!

What are the specs of the F stone?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
If they’re pretty much the same face up, then I would get the cheaper G. But that’s me. You should do what you would be happy with.
I have been going back and forth. My last stone was a Gia G. I never saw any tint whatsoever....but it was smaller.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I have been going back and forth. My last stone was a Gia G. I never saw any tint whatsoever....but it was smaller.

Sound like you’re quite color sensitive if you saw some tint in the G you saw in person. I hope the F all works out for you. Please post pics when you get it. I’m so excited for you!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
First one looks the whitest but, perhaps, because it is also the smallest of all three. Between the other two, I feel like they are nearly identical as far as color - middle one being tiny, tiny bit whiter but not enough for me to prioritize it since the last one is a bit bigger so I would choose that one.

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Sound like you’re quite color sensitive if you saw some tint in the G you saw in person. I hope the F all works out for you. Please post pics when you get it. I’m so excited for you!

Thank you so much @Dmndsr4evr11 !! You are so kind!!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
First one looks the whitest but, perhaps, because it is also the smallest of all three so not a fair comparison.

@daisygrl , the 1st stone is a 1.57 the middle is 1.66...so not sure.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
@daisygrl , the 1st stone is a 1.57 the middle is 1.66...so not sure.

What is the last one? I clearly see a size difference between the first two, all of them appear to be different sizes, going from smallest to largest (left to right).

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
What is the last one? I clearly see a size difference between the first two, all of them appear to be different sizes, going from smallest to largest (left to right).

The last is also about 1.66.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
The last is also about 1.66.

Interesting as I have a pretty good eye for these kinds of things. Which one did you pick?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot tell from photos the same way you can tell in person. Lighting and environment and the camera all make a difference. Seeing with your eyes in person is really the best way to evaluate color. And the beauty of the stone over all other ways IMO.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting as I have a pretty good eye for these kinds of things. Which one did you pick?

I posted the link to the F above. The middle one... the report date is on my anniversary...maybe a good sign. :)

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
You cannot tell from photos the same way you can tell in person. Lighting and environment and the camera all make a difference. Seeing with your eyes in person is really the best way to evaluate color. And the beauty of the stone over all other ways IMO.

Thanks @missy . I am hoping that is the case here.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been told that there is not a lot of difference between F and G in diamond color. I think the color differences are more apparent as you go up the scale. Probably why face up the difference is even harder to discern. I doubt you can pick a loser between the three of them.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I have been told that there is not a lot of difference between F and G in diamond color. I think the color differences are more apparent as you go up the scale. Probably why face up the difference is even harder to discern. I doubt you can pick a loser between the three of them.

Thanks @MissGotRocks!! My last G stone was very white, but smaller and I only experienced it set in a platinum setting. The larger G, the stone on the left above, I experienced loose. It is possible had I set it, I would not have thought I was seeing a tint in the side view. I decided to try out the F instead of setting the G as the stone is a bit larger. I loved my prior G. So if I ever do upgrade I will probably go back to a G.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results