• Right has best color

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
20210115_153932.jpg 20210115_153847.jpg

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wouldn’t it be great if they photographed these in normal lighting conditions?

I know:) So hard to tell!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so subjective and on the internet etc. given the conditions for choosing, I chose the middle one based on the upside down photos

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I am awful with color so they honestly all look similar. But if I try really hard to find differences then I think the middle is most white

Thanks @lovedogs . They look similar to me too. Tough to tell from these pictures. But one is an F. I am told it is a mid to high F. The Gs are suppose to be mid to high Gs. So who knows :)

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so subjective and on the internet etc. given the conditions for choosing, I chose the middle one based on the upside down photos

Thank you @whitewave . Hopefully enough people will vote and the results will be somewhat informative....worth a shot:)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the color grades were issued by a legitimate lab (as in GIA or AGS) then the F is the whitest.
Period.

I trust these labs more than I fall for the nearly-universal misconception that pictures don't lie.
Photography cannot be trusted.
There's lighting, camera settings, Photoshop, incompetent or dishonest operators, and a million different viewing screens, et. al.

Why do I say this?
I'm a photographer.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one on the left in the original post looks the whitest to my untrained eyes.

DK :))

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
If the color grades were issued by a legitimate lab (as in GIA or AGS) then the F is the whitest.
Period.

I trust these labs more than I fall for the nearly-universal misconception that pictures don't lie.
Photography cannot be trusted.
There's lighting, camera settings, Photoshop, incompetent or dishonest operators, and a million different viewing screens, et. al.

Why do I say this?
I'm a photographer.

Thanks @kenny. I appreciate your perspective as a photographer. I agree this is not the best system to evaluate color. I would hope the F is whitest.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One on the left looks whitest. But Kenny is right, the AGL (or a GIA report) will tell you in relative terms which is whiter (AGL can be comparatively softer grading color than GIA). The other good info is White Flash telling you it’s a mid to high F versus a mid to high G. So comparatively, the color of the F will be whiter.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
One on the left looks whitest. But Kenny is right, the AGL (or a GIA report) will tell you in relative terms which is whiter (AGL can be comparatively softer grading color than GIA). The other good info is White Flash telling you it’s a mid to high F versus a mid to high G. So comparatively, the color of the F will be whiter.

One is a Gia G. One is Ags G. One is Ags F. I am hoping the F is whitest...costs more :)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One is a Gia G. One is Ags G. One is Ags F. I am hoping the F is whitest...costs more :)
If you can’t tell the difference and you’ve had them take pictures with each option in the first position to eliminate lighting, I’d pick the biggest or the cheapest, not the F just because it’s an F.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
If you can’t tell the difference and you’ve had them take pictures with each option in the first position to eliminate lighting, I’d pick the biggest or the cheapest, not the F just because it’s an F.

I tried out the G in person. Thought I was seeing tint. So wanted to see the F. She sent these pictures for comparison .

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Did they tell you which is the F? Can you see a difference for yourself?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for voting and giving me your thoughts everyone. You mostly picked the Gia G which I had tried out. From these pics it looked whiter to me than the F stone I was considering. I do think the lighting was making the difference in these pics. I decided to try the F. Hopefully it will be terrific!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results