shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Diamonds - Much difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorgep

Rough_Rock
I am no expert, so would there be much difference (to an rough rock and girlfriend) between the following 2 diamonds:

HCA 1.5 TIC
G
VS1
EX/EX
Depth 61.0
Table 56.0
Pav Angle 40.9
Crown Angle 34.6

HCA 1.4 TIC
G
VVS2
EX/EX
Depth 61.3
Table 55.0
Pav Angle 40.8
Crown Angle 34.8

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JorgeP
PS. I''m still thinking of going to a VS2 clarity to increase size.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
These two diamond are going to look exactly the same. Same size, brilliance, fire everything. They might appear different with some machine but your eyes will not see the differencee. They would make a nice pair of studs.

Yes, you can lower your clarity grade to VS2 and keep everything else the same but only larger and it would look the same only larger.

jorgep

Rough_Rock
Thanks Dimonbob. I think one of them is from Whiteflash!
JorgeP

magna2

Shiny_Rock
jorgep,

By the provided description, the two diamonds appear to be very nice diamonds. I suspect the VVS2 Diamond will run you several hundred dollars more than the VS1 clarity diamond. The first diamond will probably give you better white light return while the second diamond is probably more firey. How much difference between the two will need to be either seen personally or analyzed by either a brilliant scope or ISEE2 machine. The two probably performs very close to each other that it visually does not matter much.

Now the question becomes - are you willing to spend a bit more for a diamond of greater clarity? Again, it is a personal choice of quality versus cost.

Best wishes in selecting your diamond.

rodent.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Jorge....No, I don't believe there would be a discernable difference to the untrained eye between these two stones under typical viewing conditions (diamond set).

And I agree with you........I would go down to a VS2, or even an eye-clean SI-1. Again, your unaided eye won't see the difference in the clarity, but it will certainly see the difference in the increased size of diamond.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others...no visual difference and yes...go larger and reduce clarity IMO!!

jorgep

Rough_Rock
I'll keep looking for VS2s.

Thanks again to everyone,
JorgeP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results