shape
carat
color
clarity

2 ct RB back in old setting - and NEW EAR STUDS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I finally brought the setting back to Mervis today (the wrong one they had ordered) and after looking at their other settings, decided that I''m either going to just keep my old setting or get a custom-made one from Leon or Quest. Honestly, I am liking the look of the RB in my old Verragio setting. For those of you who actually are following this saga, I had to get a new setting b/c my new stone was less expensive than my asscher, so I had a store credit to use. Since I didn''t really like any of their settings, I just used my store credit for a great new pair of diamond studs! They are G color, SI2, and they are 1.16 cttw. I have also taken some photos of them with my G SI1 .51 ct diamond solitaire necklace. I actually need a new setting for the necklace too, but that''s a future project ;-)

Here are the pics - ring back in old setting:

IMG_1321new1.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another of ring:

IMG_1476new2.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Side view of old setting - maybe this one isn''t so bad - I still really want the double prongs, but maybe I can wait, I dunno:

IMG_1469side.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
And here are the new earrings! They look really huge on my ears, but I couldn''t get any good pics:

IMG_1421ear.JPG

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
love the new studs, they look huge and gorgeous!

i like the open side view of the stone, but i''m hearing you on the double prongs.
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the earrings with my solitaire necklace next to them. I was in a room with yellow walls (light was fading in the kitchen) so they all look sort of yellow in this pic, but they are icy white regular lighting.

I have always really wanted diamond stud earrlings, and kept waiting for my husband to get me them, but he loves gemstones, so he''s always buying me more elaborate gemstone & diamond or pearl & diamond jewelry - maybe I''ll just save them in the box for a month & he can give me them for Valentine''s Day - I''m sure he''ll be glad that he gets to skip shopping!
emteeth.gif

IMG_1451earneck.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
UM!! Everything is PURE gorgeous :) :) :)

I LOVE your ''old'' setting and those studs are TDF!

You''re a lucky vespergirl!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Your old setting looks wonderful! Stunning!
New studs yay yay! It''s all gorgeous!
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you worked out a solution. I hope it was nicer for you this time around!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are lucky! Beautiful pieces!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the kind replies!

I have to say, though, I wasn''t thrilled with the whole Mervis experience, though it worked out OK in the end.

When I went in today, instead of admitting that she made a mistake, the SA insisted that PrecisionSet didn''t even make the setting that I picked - so I must have "imagined it" or something. Then I started getting really annoyed, so she called the designer at Precision Set. When he confirmed that indeed he does make the style that I ordered, and the mistake was on Mervis'' part, they kept trying to get me to reorder it & let them try the custom work again. Um, no thanks, Mervis has already messed up two custom orders for me, so I told them I wanted to steer clear of the custom work.

When I asked to see more solitiare settings, she disappears for 15 mintues, and comes back with only 4 settings! I just got really tired of dealing with them, so I picked out a pair of earrings instead to use my credit, and they gave me an extra $100 off of the earrings for my trouble, which was very nice of them, and finally did apologize for the whole ordeal.

But honestly, after having to defend myself to them more than once, I am tired of dealing with them & we have decided not to shop there anymore. I''m going to stick with PS vendors from now on!
emsmile.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It looks P-E-R-F-E-C-T !! I might be bias, having a larger diamond set in a simple gold cathedral setting. I initially had my 1.76 round set into the split prongs, and I think the diamond sparkles more (you see more of it), in the 4 prongs. Even when the split prongs are sculpted to be clawlike (the tips), the sides of the head, is thicker gold, covering more diamond when viewing from the side. I wouldn''t change it, it looks perfect on your hand!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think you made the best choice! It looks great in your old setting and really makes the diamond pop AND you got some killer studs! I think you should just keep it as it, it looks great! Enjoy your new studs!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! those studs are beautiful!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
The diamond in your ring looks GINORMOUS!!! You say "2 carat"... elaborate, please! 2.01? 2.5? 2.99???! Egads, woman, it looks H*U*G*E! I have a 2.36 RB and (in my poor, sad, apparently anorexic eyes, anyway
2.gif
) it doesn''t look NEAR that size!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

What size is that finger, anyway???!!!!
36.gif

(Oh, almost forgot... gorgeous bling, all of it!!!
30.gif
)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your old setting, Vespergirl, glad to see your diamond back in it and how cool that you got earrings now as well--they''re beautiful! You have a great collection of RB''s going there, you lucky girl!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lynn B, thanks so much! The diamond is a 2.01 ct G SI1 H&A, and my finger is a size 5. I "downgraded" to the new stone as a Christmas present from my husband - I traded in my old 2.25 ct F VS1 asscher. Since the old stone was more expensive, I had a credit to use, so I got the earrings (there''s a whole other post about another setting I got that was wrong, so I just decided to go for earrings instead.) honestly, I''m glad I did, because you can hardly tell the difference between the two settings, but you can definitely notice the new earrings!
emwink.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 7:20:15 PM
Author: vespergirl
Hi Lynn B, thanks so much! The diamond is a 2.01 ct G SI1 H&A, and my finger is a size 5. I ''downgraded'' to the new stone as a Christmas present from my husband - I traded in my old 2.25 ct F VS1 asscher. Since the old stone was more expensive, I had a credit to use, so I got the earrings (there''s a whole other post about another setting I got that was wrong, so I just decided to go for earrings instead.) honestly, I''m glad I did, because you can hardly tell the difference between the two settings, but you can definitely notice the new earrings!
emwink.gif
Thanks for the stats!

Well, that''s it, I am officially and certifiably insane.
37.gif
My 2.36 (on my 4.75 finger) looks to me to be about HALF the size of your 2.01, size 5. I know that can''t be... so I''ll be leaving now to check into the nearest asylum for the sick and disturbed!!! Bye!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 8:07:07 PM
Author: Lynn B
Date: 1/3/2008 7:20:15 PM

Author: vespergirl

Hi Lynn B, thanks so much! The diamond is a 2.01 ct G SI1 H&A, and my finger is a size 5. I ''downgraded'' to the new stone as a Christmas present from my husband - I traded in my old 2.25 ct F VS1 asscher. Since the old stone was more expensive, I had a credit to use, so I got the earrings (there''s a whole other post about another setting I got that was wrong, so I just decided to go for earrings instead.) honestly, I''m glad I did, because you can hardly tell the difference between the two settings, but you can definitely notice the new earrings!
emwink.gif

Thanks for the stats!

Well, that''s it, I am officially and certifiably insane.
37.gif
My 2.36 (on my 4.75 finger) looks to me to be about HALF the size of your 2.01, size 5. I know that can''t be... so I''ll be leaving now to check into the nearest asylum for the sick and disturbed!!! Bye!

LOL, Lynn, YOU ARE HYSTERICAL!!!

Vesper- I LOVE all of your new bling- GORGEOUS!! Any chance we can get earshots?? YUMM-O!!!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely think you made the best choice! The earrings are beautiful and the ring setting is just fine! And as you mentioned, you can always change to a Leon solitaire when you''re ready! But this way you have earrings, too!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I can understand why you would be annoyed with Mervis and that SA trying to say this is your fault, unreal!

But oh my STARS, I LOVE your stone in the old setting, it is gorgeous! And I absolutely love your wedding band! Those earrings are stunning, but please (pretty please with sugar on top) post some earshots!

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry to read about your ordeal with Mervis (which branch did you go to?). It makes me thankful that my custom ordered wedding band from them turned out fine because it seems like their customer service skills are lacking.

I''m glad that there was a resolution, and that you were able to purchase BEAUTIFUL earrings with your credit.

Enjoy and wear them in good health!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2008 8:09:59 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Yum.. to everything.
wowzer.gif
Oh my stars!!!
31.gif
Oh my stars is right!!! Double Yum!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Suli, I went to the Tysons Corner VA location. Honestly, they did work out everything for me in the end, so it wasn''t totally bad, but it didn''t go as smoothly as I would have hoped, either.

Lorelei, I simply MUST know what type of animal that is in your avatar - bunny? Cat? Puppy? Whatever it is, I want to hug it! :)

I will try to take some ear shots this afternoon and post later today!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, here is an ear shot - I can''t believe how freckly I am - wear your sunscreen, girls!

IMG_1494onear.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great set of goodies! Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results