shape
carat
color
clarity

2 ct MRB - Looking for design ideas

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

So I mentioned that I bought a 2 CT round brilliant from Frank Darling a few weeks ago and I am now looking for some ideas for a setting.

I don't want to set it as a solitaire or in a halo, so am leaning towards some sort of a three stone design but I also don't want to do three rounds! Can you see know why I am stuck ha ha!

As of right now I am thinking of setting it with side tapered baguettes but just wondering if anyone had any other great design ideas they have seen or come across that would work with my diamond. If so I would be most grateful if you could share!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Ouros has different shapes in side stones pairs:

Ouros Pairs of Side Stones

DK :))

Thanks so much DK, I am struggling to decide what side stone shape would work best though! Any thoughts?

I tend to prefer the longer style of baguettes or maybe bullets rather than half moons or pears, but am worried that they wont be substantial enough. I cant seem to get my head around the dimensions of baguettes!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much DK, I am struggling to decide what side stone shape would work best though! Any thoughts?

I tend to prefer the longer style of baguettes or maybe bullets rather than half moons or pears, but am worried that they wont be substantial enough. I cant seem to get my head around the dimensions of baguettes!

Personally, I am not in favour of mixing curves with straight lines myself.

Therefore, if rounds have already been discarded as an option, then I would most likely to opt for pears as side stones.

Personal preferences and all that.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Something along the lines of these?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think pears are your best bet. I've mixed straight edge with round (ring in avatar) but it's an art deco inspired style and the MRBs are set in a straight edge setting. Unless you want to play around with a lot of metal, I'd consider pears. Maybe even two lower coloured or fancy yellow pears on either side?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe even two lower coloured or fancy yellow pears on either side?

Or other colours in CS, like Spinel or Sapphire.

I personally would choose a pair of pink pears as I love pink red stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results