AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
263ED4B9-01F1-4117-91BF-2EB83957D5B4.jpeg

This is the 2ctw on the left and the 1 ctw lightbox studs on the right
Both in white obviously

Lovely! Can you please post more pics?? Some with the 2ctw next to the 1ctw, along with ear shots would be great. Thanks!!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @tkyasx78! They look huge! Are you able to share ear shots? What do you think of them? Are you going to reset?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I’m jealous!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Wow do They appear same in size? Or is it the same pics

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow do They appear same in size? Or is it the same pics

oh dear! Yes that is the same picture. that is the .5 one . I will post the other one!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
9DFBB078-A3C7-4D6D-B09A-28E768860F4F.jpeg
The second necklace came today. I think they are well matched and will be gorgeous as earrings.

One consequence of having these as comparators is that it’s pretty clear the diamonds in my ring are not anywhere close to the specs they were sold to me as. I can’t be too upset as the price was fantastic and the ring is still beautiful and sparkly, but it was not truth in advertising!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
All your jewelry is lovely! Please post the final earrings!

One consequence of having these as comparators is that it’s pretty clear the diamonds in my ring are not anywhere close to the specs they were sold to me as. I can’t be too upset as the price was fantastic and the ring is still beautiful and sparkly, but it was not truth in advertising!

I wouldn’t use these as the most accurate gauge. Lightbox says it’s stones are G-J, VS range, very good cut. I suspect they are publishing those specs to add to the impression that these are fashion jewelry stones and as a protection in the event of variance. Many of the stones might actually be at the higher end of the scales. When GIA graded two stones they found one was excellent cut and that the only thing keeping them from VVS was the Lightbox laser inscription.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
All your jewelry is lovely! Please post the final earrings!

I wouldn’t use these as the most accurate gauge. Lightbox says it’s stones are G-J, VS range, very good cut. I suspect they are publishing those specs to add to the impression that these are fashion jewelry stones and as a protection in the event of variance. Many of the stones might actually be at the higher end of the scales. When GIA graded two stones they found one was excellent cut and that the only thing keeping them from VVS was the Lightbox laser inscription.

Thanks for the kind words. I think you are right about Lightbox being at the higher end of the range (and a superb bargain in that case). Even so, the diamonds in my ring were sold to me as F color and VS2 clarity. I’ve got a magnifying lens for textile work (not a real loupe) and I can’t see any sort of inclusions in the lightbox one (I can’t even find the logo - guess I need higher magnification). In my ring diamonds, I can see a black inclusion in one and some feathers/needles under magnification. The black inclusion is the only one I can see by eye, and only with my un-corrected near-sighted vision. Looking at some examples of diamonds with VS2 clarity grades, these don’t seem to make the cut. I guess that tells me I can be happy with lower clarity grades as long as they are sparkly. :) I love my ring, but it‘s definitely interesting to compare the different stones.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
263ED4B9-01F1-4117-91BF-2EB83957D5B4.jpeg

This is the 2ctw on the left and the 1 ctw lightbox studs on the right
Both in white obviously

If it’s not too much trouble, and if you happen to have calipers... could you measure the stone size for us? :)

They look fantastic btw! Can’t wait to see how you reset them!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If it’s not too much trouble, and if you happen to have calipers... could you measure the stone size for us? :)

They look fantastic btw! Can’t wait to see how you reset them!

Yes, I am back in town now, I will try to get pics with measurements this evening!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results