shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Chubb agents changed their tune, how many more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigbadbuff

Rough_Rock
I contacted 2 local Chubb agents earlier this week to give business to; 1 stated they could certainly write a valuable articles ''only'' policy, and the other, after a phone call to someone, said they could as well. I called the one I decided to go with back today to fax them the appraisal and iron out the details, and she said she was told after we spoke that she could not do a ring-only policy. I went back and forth with her about it and she seemed to agree with me that I was practically getting the bait and switch, but it became obvious nothing was going to come of it. So I called my 2nd choice and THEY TOO said the same thing, and proceeded to lay on the sales pitch for homeowner''s, etc. VERY disappointing ESPECIALLY since Chubb''s website does not state that they will not write a ring-only policy. It really is BS as it''s obviously NOT a written in stone policy, but simply the underwriters making a stink.

Could someone post the names of the Chubb agent(s) we know are receptive to ring-only writeups? I REALLY need to take care of this today or tomorrow or I''ll be forced to go with State Farm
eek.gif

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
I used a personal friend here in NYC. I have renter's with him through a different company.

He got me Chubb for my ring only no problem. They are $100 more a year though than tieing it in with my Renters. I will switch it once I actually give the ring to her and she decides to keep it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is a ring only policy. But I have 2 rings on it currently, both itemized. When we get married Ill add the other two as well.

reena

Ideal_Rock
mary ann barnes at PLI brokerage in seattle (doesn't matter if you don't live in washington)

800-646-3285

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I'm in Indiana and I'm getting the same runaround. The last insurance company I called was big and I asked her if it was a company policy or the Insurance plans policy and told her she was full of doodoo. That urks me........I wonder what people do who say....live in NY and rent and have no renters insurance and don't drive. How the hell would they get ring insurance.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the name, I called her and she was very nice. She's calling me back with a quote today.

reena

Ideal_Rock
That urks me........I wonder what people do who say....live in NY and rent and have no renters insurance and don't drive. How the hell would they get ring insurance.

by calling mary ann barnes at PLI brokerage.
2.gif

(all of those things you just listed describe me.)

Edited to add: Oh good--glad it worked out!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I had to search around a bit, but did find an agent here in NYC who gave me a ring-only policy. I was able to insure it for the purchase price rather than the inflated "appraisal" the jeweler gave us when my fiance purchased the diamond. PM me for broker's info if you like!

bigbadbuff

Rough_Rock
1st call to someone listed on this site before and I'm good to go, no problem.
tongue.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I recently used PLI Brokerage in Seattle but talked to a different agent. They were able to get me a stand alone valuable articles policy. The only issue that I had was they had a $200 minimum policy cost. Because of it I had to increase the total value of the policy. Luckily I have several other large items that I could use the policy for.

Let me know if you've heard different with regards to the minimums.

bearman49

Rough_Rock
If you go to the Chubb website, there is a customer service number and they should be able to answer your questions regarding the ring only policy. They can also refer you to Chubb agents in your area.

If you are looking for just ring only insurance, you should also look into Jewelers Mutual. They have the type of policies you are looking for and are reasonably priced.

the bearman

burnedbychubb

Rough_Rock
Chubb is bad news we had a loss in July and have not been paid on our claim Buyer Beware!

reena

Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your problem. if you''re going to write things like that, though, it''s only fair to explain all of the facts.

Andrew8527

Rough_Rock
"Chubb is bad news we had a loss in July and have not been paid on our claim Buyer Beware!"

I'm sure there's more to the story than that, right? Please tell all sides of the story with ALL the details. For all we know, the act of your "loss" could've been something not covered under the Chubb policy. Or maybe they think you're trying to defraud them. Just saying "Chubb is bad news..." makes you look like a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results