shape
carat
color
clarity

2 carat VVS2 Oval Diamond looks milky and fake

tomtaylor1234

Rough_Rock
So, I was looking into to some I colored ovals as it was recommended that I need to go any higher as the you can't tell the difference between this and a G which is what I as thinking at first. I found this one GIA 2.01 Carat Oval Cut Natural Diamond<br/><span>I Color | VVS2 Clarity | Item # N103199</span> (gemsny.com) and from the video it looks stunning, a bit of milky/haziness on the top and bottom. For some reason, it looks too good, do you think the video is fake or is it just the angle they took it which make it seem better than it is. I'm very skeptical.

Also, what's your thought on an I colored oval in a yellow gold setting with white gold prongs and a hidden halo with G/VS1 diamonds in the halo?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an oval expert but I’m not seeing the milky haziness? It looks sharp and crisp to me.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
What you are seeing is the concentration of color at the ends of the oval along with the multitude of smaller facets.

tomtaylor1234

Rough_Rock
What you are seeing is the concentration of color at the ends of the oval along with the multitude of smaller facets.

Would you recommend this diamond? It looks very bright for an I colored diamond. It also has a great cut.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider an "I" colored oval on the lower side and would never tell anyone that they needn't go higher. Ovals show color especially in their
"mushy" facets. You can end up having nice facets that return light well right up next to mushy facets that show a lot of tint.
If you can find a nice "I" that doesnt have a lot of mush in it then the tint wont be as exaggerated.

I dont think that "I" looks too bad. That video is being flooded with light so you wont see the facets as well when you're not in the same
environment. Not milky...I think what you are referring to may be what we call mushy facets. Have you ever seen any "I" colored ovals
in person. Is this stone for you or are you buying for someone else?

Edit...no, the video is not fake but as I said, it is flooded with light.

Last edited:

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Would you recommend this diamond? It looks very bright for an I colored diamond. It also has a great cut.

What's the return policy? The best light for diamond viewing is natural daylight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results