shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Carat RB Help Needed

jBright

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

First post here. I’ve been lurking and learning!! I feel like I’m a diamond expert on how much I’ve read and watched over the last few weeks (my brain hurts, lol). But after reading in this forum I know I am nowhere near and have so much to learn!

My main concerns regarding a diamond is a 2 carat, no yellow, and eye clean. I’ve narrowed my 2 carat RB search down to this current diamond on hold.

Link and video here:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-7756403

Also an additional video:

https://dia-img.kgirdharlal.com/V36...69&surl=https://cdn.kgirdharlal.com/V360_5_0/

I will attach the GIA certificate and HCA score I received. I honestly don’t even know how to “read” or comprehend the HCA report.

I was told that the supplier has said this diamond is “pretty eye clean and no BGM”.

I was worried about the medium blue fluorescence, but was reassured the diamond is not milky.

really interested in your thoughts and opinions! We will most likely purchase this diamond in the next few days.

also, I initially wanted a plain or petite pave 14k yellow gold band. But my fear of yellow is making me lean towards a white gold band. Thoughts?

Thanks so much for reading this and for any advice!
JBright

19911B2B-F9C6-4750-A758-CB3D5B83212B.jpeg F4930AA2-00E2-4D0C-9CC5-29326A1B39F9.png

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In regards to light return and leakage, it is a top performing stone with no visible concern on the video. Ask for the Idealscope Image to confirm.

Just make sure it is not milky and you are ok with the feather when you get it in person.

Personally, I love it.

jBright

Shiny_Rock
In regards to light return and leakage, it is a top performing stone with no visible concern on the video.

Just make sure it is not milky and you are ok with the feather.

Personally, I am loving it.

Thank you, @flyingpig ! I’ve read your responses on other posts and was secretly hoping for your response & approval!

They have assured me it’s not milky, so *fingers crossed*. And I’m hoping the feather will just blend in to all of the sparkle!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Think you picked a great option! Nice work!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d buy it.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
just like you, i started my search a few months ago and self-educated a lot on the diamond stats. is there any particular reason you picked james allen? during my search i found that compared to james allen, whiteflash offers way more detailed and technical stats/images that give a more full picture of the performance of the diamond. have you tried searching whiteflash?

hca score is a good indicator of the light performance of the stone, but if i were you and if i really really want to be sure, i would ask for ideal scope picture, aset and a full gia report of the stone to do a deep-dive analysis to get comfortable. maybe i have ocd. :)

jBright

Shiny_Rock
just like you, i started my search a few months ago and self-educated a lot on the diamond stats. is there any particular reason you picked james allen? during my search i found that compared to james allen, whiteflash offers way more detailed and technical stats/images that give a more full picture of the performance of the diamond. have you tried searching whiteflash?

hca score is a good indicator of the light performance of the stone, but if i were you and if i really really want to be sure, i would ask for ideal scope picture, aset and a full gia report of the stone to do a deep-dive analysis to get comfortable. maybe i have ocd. :)

Hi @stonehunter20 :)!! Man... this search is a hard one that has occupied a lot of my time, im sure you can understand!!

lol it’s a long story... but I have time.. so let me tell you how i got here:

1. I started searching Blue Nile

2. I went to a local jeweler and got sized and showed him the blue Nile diamond and for the price point.. he was like “oh that must be a lab diamond.” I told him “nope... it’s GIA certified. Look!” And this is where I received my first lesson. He said “oh that’s why it’s so cheap. It’s not triple excellent. And the diamond is more deep then wide. Making it look like a 1.7 ct. when it is actually a 2.” There, he taught me that the most important thing is TRIPLE EXCELLENCE (excellent in cut, symmetry and polish). And he let me know that I could also have faint to none fluorescence.

3. With the newfound knowledge I went searching blue Nile and found another decent priced diamond! I emailed the jeweler and he said “I contacted the supplier and the stone has BGM (brown, gray or milky).” Which is another thing you MUST ask for when searching for a diamond. So yep again.. that diamond got cancelled out.

4. With the knowledge of triple excellence and no BGM I set my search out again. I searched blue Nile... and honestly I probably just saw an ad for James allen and knew they were a competitor and searched and compared. I read tons of articles. Used different diamond comparing websites (not sure if I’m allowed to list anything here). And emailed and chatted with ANYONE and EVERYONE willing to talk to me. Asking them, is this diamond eye clean? Does it have BGM? What are your thoughts? A JA associate actually suggested this diamond to me! And then i learned the importance of CUT and how much it varies in the EXCELLENT department. I didn’t get the assurance I needed from JA and actually found the exact same diamond elsewhere and had them contact the seller for EYE CLEAN and BGM details.. because JA said they couldn’t contact them. Whatevs. JA was priced over $1k cheaper than the competitor.

5. And here I am now! I’ve been trying to do my research on all of the specs to make sure we’re getting a good diamond. Id hate for my bf to have to return it after the fact! I’ve scoured the internet and fell upon this forum! I saw how knowledgeable everyone is here and couldn’t wait to hear yalls thoughts!

lol my VERY long story that led me to the JA diamond!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OP picked a great stone that is top notch. He doesn't need to keep looking.

jBright

Shiny_Rock
OP picked a great stone that is top notch. He doesn't need to keep looking.

Thanks again, @lovedogs :).

I just needed the extra push - and I begged my bf to purchase it this morning!! Both in fear that it’d get sold from under us and so I can stop stressing about it. Lol. Literally all I could think about for the last few weeks is diamonds diamonds diamonds!!

now... the wait for the delivery and to see if I want a yellow gold petite plain band or petite pave band!! Yay!! For size reference I believe I’m 3.75 ring size!

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
Hi @stonehunter20 :)!! Man... this search is a hard one that has occupied a lot of my time, im sure you can understand!!

lol it’s a long story... but I have time.. so let me tell you how i got here:

1. I started searching Blue Nile

2. I went to a local jeweler and got sized and showed him the blue Nile diamond and for the price point.. he was like “oh that must be a lab diamond.” I told him “nope... it’s GIA certified. Look!” And this is where I received my first lesson. He said “oh that’s why it’s so cheap. It’s not triple excellent. And the diamond is more deep then wide. Making it look like a 1.7 ct. when it is actually a 2.” There, he taught me that the most important thing is TRIPLE EXCELLENCE (excellent in cut, symmetry and polish). And he let me know that I could also have faint to none fluorescence.

3. With the newfound knowledge I went searching blue Nile and found another decent priced diamond! I emailed the jeweler and he said “I contacted the supplier and the stone has BGM (brown, gray or milky).” Which is another thing you MUST ask for when searching for a diamond. So yep again.. that diamond got cancelled out.

4. With the knowledge of triple excellence and no BGM I set my search out again. I searched blue Nile... and honestly I probably just saw an ad for James allen and knew they were a competitor and searched and compared. I read tons of articles. Used different diamond comparing websites (not sure if I’m allowed to list anything here). And emailed and chatted with ANYONE and EVERYONE willing to talk to me. Asking them, is this diamond eye clean? Does it have BGM? What are your thoughts? A JA associate actually suggested this diamond to me! And then i learned the importance of CUT and how much it varies in the EXCELLENT department. I didn’t get the assurance I needed from JA and actually found the exact same diamond elsewhere and had them contact the seller for EYE CLEAN and BGM details.. because JA said they couldn’t contact them. Whatevs. JA was priced over $1k cheaper than the competitor.

5. And here I am now! I’ve been trying to do my research on all of the specs to make sure we’re getting a good diamond. Id hate for my bf to have to return it after the fact! I’ve scoured the internet and fell upon this forum! I saw how knowledgeable everyone is here and couldn’t wait to hear yalls thoughts!

lol my VERY long story that led me to the JA diamond!

i'm there with you!! this described my life for the last couple months. :lol: congrats on purchasing the ring! now move onto the setting! (that's like another battle :P2) this 2ct will look HUGE on your 3.75 finger

jBright

Shiny_Rock
i'm there with you!! this described my life for the last couple months. :lol: congrats on purchasing the ring! now move onto the setting! (that's like another battle :P2) this 2ct will look HUGE on your 3.75 finger

Thank you!!!

good luck w your search!

And at least I have a little time to decide on the setting. I’m hoping it looks huge ;-)!

my friends always tell me I have tiny fingers and therefore I will not need a big diamond. I tell them to shut up. Lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results