shape
carat
color
clarity

2 best cut princess stones, differ $1000/ct....what is driving up the price..the color? both are .5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
I am comparing 2 princess cuts of the same ct. Why are these princess cuts differ in 1000 dollars per carat based on just these numbers alone. They are both listed in a best cut category as well, however the more expensive stone is a D color. Would that make the price jump that much? I''m kinda hung up on which one to get...the higher priced diamond has a 63% table too. They are also GIA stones.

Here are both the stats

$3400-3800/crt, .58ct, D, VS1, tbl 63%, dept 69%, no flr, vg, vg
4.83x4.58x3.16

$2200-2500/crt, .58ct, G, vvs2, tbl 70, dep 69%, noflor, sym vg, g
4.65x4.55x3.14

Thanks,

Robert O.
Let me know what you guys think.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
on more thing....

more expensive stone, girdle is med-slthk

less expensive stone, girdle is thin-med

mini

Rough_Rock
Hi Robert,

In reference to price, the D (colorless) grade is going to be the most desired and therefore, more expensive. Personally, I think the .58ct G VVS2 would be a great choice. Cut is the first priority and the color grade G is near colorless. It is an important purchase and you should be completely satisfied with your diamond!
1.gif

Sincerely,
Candace
www.abazias.com

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. I kinda figured being a "D" color that would be the factor but I just wanted to make sure. I ended up purchasing the "G" color. Cut is most important to me not the color so hopefully I'll be ok. I'm going to take it to my local appraiser and I'll post all the angles as soon as I get them.

Thanks guys,

Robert O

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Hehe.. you made your purchase an hour and twenty minutes after posting a question about it..
lickout.gif
I'd say you made the right decision between the two stones.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Well the more expensive diamond turned out to be sold, so I went with my original instincts and bought the G. I hope i'm in awe when I open the package tomorrrow.

Robert O.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results