shape
carat
color
clarity

2.9 HCA scoring stone or hold out for better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Only less than 5 months after treating myself to a right hand ring, I''m going to buy diamond studs! My jeweler has found two stones that are almost identical in specs, except for one thing- the pavillion angle. So, one stone is .8 on the HCA and the other is 2.9. He''s going to keep looking to try to find a better HCA match, but the two stones match SO well in all other aspects. Keeping in mind I haven''t seen the stones in person, what do you think? Should I at least look at it first before deciding, or try to find a better match to the .8 HCA stone?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''d say let your eye be the guide. Earrings are not as scrutinized as rings are.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Garry- can you explain why you suspect when the stones are dirty, they won''t match? Does the dirt interfere with the performance? Now I''m paranoid!
32.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I believe the depth is 60.8 or 60.9. I don''t have the numbers in front of me but I''ll post tomorrow.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Stone 1

.8 HCA
D= 60.6
T= 56
Cr= 34.3
Pav=40.7
Culet= .6

Stone 2

2.9 HCa
D=60.9
T= 56
Cr= 34.1
Pav= 41.2
Culet= .6

I always clean my jewelry daily, and given that these will be earrings, they won''t be side by side. However, I don''t want them to obviously not match.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Why would you want one that may not perform as well as the other? With earrings the difference might be quite noticable.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen the stones yet (tomorrow) so I''ll wait to see what they look like in person. Do people ever just buy earrings one stone at a time?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Well, in an odd twist of fate, the diamonds were sold accidentally. The new pair he''s bringing in are better color and score 1.8 and 2.2 HCA. They felt so badly they''re keeping the same price, even though they''re now H and not I. We shall see...

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hey, just might be a blessing in disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results