shape
carat
color
clarity

2.7ct Ceylon Sapphire, quick appraisal needed!!

dornab

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm currently in Sri Lanka (honeymoon) and looking at a lovely lovely sapphire from a reputable store, need your opinion on the price. The store is called Zam Gems and it has branches in a lot of fancy hotels, so it's not going to be a fake, however they (and every other jeweler here) have their own certificate and not the GIA.

Would really appreciate your quick idea for the price range, thank you!!

Here is the video **edited by moderator, no personal video links per our policies please**

And the certificate

img_9984.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...the store has its own lab and issues its own reports. Doesn't this ring huge red flags with the obvious conflict of interest?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would never assume anything about stores in 'fancy hotels'.......that is not a qualifier for stones to be what they are purported or the pricing to reflect the quality. Agree with Chrono on the conflict of interest. If they are that great they should offer a full refund and all associated costs (Shipping) if GIA doesn't concur with what they say they are selling. Put that out there and watch the response.........I'm betting it's a no they won't do that.

dornab

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will try to confirm the certificate either with gia or an independent place in capital city here. All the jewelers here have their own certificate it seems, but I might be able to get a few second opinions or try to get Gia. We are leaving in a couple of days so there isn't much time, and I kind of fell in love with the stone so ...

The price they have given in 6400$. If the certificate is accurate, do you think the price is fair for u.s.?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results