shape
carat
color
clarity

2.74 Carat Oval- GIA E, VS1 set in a two-tone solitaire by David Klass

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring is an OEC in a halo which I absolutely love. I find that I don't wear it very often though since I have littles and I'm worried about damaging it. My finger feels naked without an e-ring (lol) so I've been wanting a ring that I could wear daily. That set me on a hunt for a lab OEC or OMC that I could set in a simple solitaire but they are so hard to find in my size/color/shape/budget preferences. One day when I was browsing, I came across this oval that I thought was rather beautiful in the video, so I took a chance and ordered it. When it came in, I was surprised at how much I liked it ( never considered myself an oval person) but was wondering if I could go bigger.

PXL_20230417_183333437 2.jpg PXL_20230417_141422460- 2.jpg

While I was thinking it over, I tried selling the diamond (not very hard though since I was on the fence, ha), but the more I sat with it and saw it in different lights, the more I started to love it. The oval sparked beautifully and I started to think that the size was, in fact, really great for everyday wear- not too big/not too small. One or two days into listing, I received a kind message where a lovely person shared that although they weren't able to purchase, they were just reaching out to share that they thought it was great size on me. That sealed the deal for me and I decided to keep it! I took down the listing and started to look for setting options. In my search, I came across this gorgeous vintage oval ring.

38955977_C21022_l.jpeg 38955977_C21028-1 (1).jpeg
Taking inspiration from this, I reached out to David Klass to see if he could create a two-tone solitaire setting for me and he did not disappoint. It's platinum and 14k and here are pre-shipping glamor shots:

DKPV2021___06__18____91141____91141.jpg DKPV2021___06__18____91141____91141-3.jpg

Per my request, he'll be thinning down the east west prongs just a smidge and then shipping it out. I'm so looking forward to receiving this and will share hands shots, in case it may be helpful to someone considering this size/shape for a ring.

Attachments

• 38955977_C21032-1.jpeg
    38955977_C21032-1.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 97

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it’s gorgeous! Do you mind sharing the specs on the stone?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I think the size looks great on your lovely hand and the setting is also beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Looks much more wearable with kiddos!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Looks much more wearable with kiddos!

Thank you! Yes, I think so too. I like that although it's not a bezel, the prongs cover quite a bit of the stone. Hopeful it'll hold up well!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's a very gloomy day today plus my camera doesn't do the best job at capturing what I see but for anyone who's interested, here's a video of the finished piece:

I absolutely love it and think it's a perfect size for everyday wear!

It really is the perfect size, it has real presence. There doesn't even seem to be much, if any darkness of the bowtie!? I'm a huge fan of the modernized prong tabs.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
It really is the perfect size, it has real presence. There doesn't even seem to be much, if any darkness of the bowtie!? I'm a huge fan of the modernized prong tabs.
Thanks so much for you kind words! Yes, it looks pretty bright to my eyes all the time (this link has an additional video - - but again, not the best lighting because it's such a foggy day) . Not an oval expert by an means but I'm really happy with it!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Really lovely stone & ring! The proportions are so good for your hand---you did a great job with this project. (I wish I could figure out proportions so well!)

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Really lovely stone & ring! The proportions are so good for your hand---you did a great job with this project. (I wish I could figure out proportions so well!)

Thank you so much for your kind words! So appreciate it. I'm really happy with the size and how this turned out. Honestly, I just did a lot of searching so I could get a feel for how the size would look on me. I'm very thankful to those that shared their beauties because it helped a lot & thats actually the main reason I decided to share this one. Hopeful these pictures will serve as a good reference for those looking to design their ring.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's even prettier in the video-all those sparkles!

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
It's a very gloomy day today plus my camera doesn't do the best job at capturing what I see but for anyone who's interested, here's a video of the finished piece:

I absolutely love it and think it's a perfect size for everyday wear!
Oh, wow!! This is beautiful. I love love love the setting. I really like the prongs! It looks perfect on you. Happy for you that you did not sell it!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow!! This is beautiful. I love love love the setting. I really like the prongs! It looks perfect on you. Happy for you that you did not sell it!
Thank you so much! Yes, me too! Glad I didn't let it get away as I see myself enjoying this for a long time. :)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love this! I have just started my research on a a LG Oval (love the size and shape of your oval) for an everyday yellow gold set. I also want a semi bezel or full bezel type setting , low profile, only difference is that I would like to set my oval E-W. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics for inspiration!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! I have just started my research on a a LG Oval (love the size and shape of your oval) for an everyday yellow gold set. I also want a semi bezel or full bezel type setting , low profile, only difference is that I would like to set my oval E-W. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics for inspiration!

Thank you! How exciting! To help others is literally why I share so I'm really glad it's serving as inspiration. For what it's worth and just in case it helps, here are two beautiful EW oval solitaires I came across when considering setting options for my stone.

5883.jpg
Screenshot_20230628-142017.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what your final piece if you decide to move forward with this project!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful and looks like you picked a lovely, sparkly stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results