shape
carat
color
clarity

2.7 Carat OEC Diamond Reset

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd have to go with 10 because I just like symmetry! The tilt looks good to me, and I am fine with or without the diamonds on the shoulders. I also like the v prongs between the stones. I don't see anything I'd change about the 10 stone cads.

Thank you so much!! Would you add single prongs on the outside of each stone? That is the one thing I am now debating after @yssie pointed them out in my Holy Grail ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!! Would you add single prongs on the outside of each stone? That is the one thing I am now debating after @yssie pointed them out in my Holy Grail ring.

Ugh, that's a tough one! They'd have to be super tiny for me to consider them. I think if the stones are secure without them, I might not add them. It kind of depends on whether the girdles are protected or not. I'd be curious what your ring designer or bench says.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CharlotteYork - I kinda flew through with my response yesterday. I should have mentioned that I'm (slowly) doing a cluster setting also. I have a peachy / pink tourmaline surrounded by 10 very pale yellow OECs.

I'm having the same dilemma re prongs on the outside of the surrounding stones. In the end, I decided to do away with them - mostly so as not to emphasize the 'daisy' look; I want a cluster, but I don't want a loop-de-loop kind of look, and visually extending the outer point of each of the 10 stones would definitely be counter productive for that.

On the other hand, this was such a tough detail-decision because the rings I've loved have tended to have them, and they tend to appear commonly on older rings. Please excuse me for not having read this whole thread, but can you tell me who is doing your setting?

(...and now I AM going to go back and read the whole thread!) :wavey:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking at antique clusters for ages locally and your project looks like the uber cluster project !!! Excited to see the finished ring!

As to the outer prongs: I've come to realize that those in addition to the v prongs are what makes me LOVE certain rings. They have to be teeny tiny, however. Given the overall size of your ring and DKs skills chances are they'll be perfect.
But then, contrary to @mrs-b I favor the slightly flowery outline. Mind you : not a straight up flower.... but I couldn't quite put my finger on what made certain rings more delicate and "féminine" looking to ME. Realized it was that one delicate (mostly invisible) prong.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been looking at antique clusters for ages locally and your project looks like the uber cluster project !!! Excited to see the finished ring!

As to the outer prongs: I've come to realize that those in addition to the v prongs are what makes me LOVE certain rings. They have to be teeny tiny, however. Given the overall size of your ring and DKs skills chances are they'll be perfect.
But then, contrary to @mrs-b I favor the slightly flowery outline. Mind you : not a straight up flower.... but I couldn't quite put my finger on what made certain rings more delicate and "féminine" looking to ME. Realized it was that one delicate (mostly invisible) prong.

Thank you so much @kipari , I am excited too!! @mrs-b I am working with David Klass, thanks to your recommendation, and he is WONDERFUL!!! I really appreciate these comments about the tiny prongs... I'm still torn, but I have one question that I think will help me make my decision... If we did the tiny prongs on the outside of each stone, would we be able to eliminate the smaller set of prongs around the middle? Does that make sense? See below the two sets of prongs around the centre stone... If one set could be "relocated" to the outside stones instead, that would definitely be my preference. Otherwise, I'm afraid the ring might start to look too "prongy". Although I want my ring to look as much like the Holy Grail ring as possible, and it does have the tiny prongs on the outside. Hmmmm.....

IMG_8599.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CharlotteYork - Good lord - it's like listening to my own voice inside my head!!

I had that EXACT same question! I think what you end up with at that point isn't a bezel, but it's something that starts to approach a bezel on the inside. Amy has told me she thinks it's possible. This might help - this is the picture I used to try to get the effect I was after. I'm just guessing - hearing how similar our projects are - they this might work for you also.

Just to add - contrary to this photo - I'm not bezel setting my center stone, tho I'm open to the idea if it means I can get rid of those prongs. But, looking at this photo, I don't think it's essential.

Sako_2.jpeg

Sako_1.jpeg

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@CharlotteYork - Good lord - it's like listening to my own voice inside my head!!

I had that EXACT same question! I think what you end up with at that point isn't a bezel, but it's something that starts to approach a bezel on the inside. Amy has told me she thinks it's possible. This might help - this is the picture I used to try to get the effect I was after. I'm just guessing - hearing how similar our projects are - they this might work for you also.

Just to add - contrary to this photo - I'm not bezel setting my center stone, tho I'm open to the idea if it means I can get rid of those prongs. But, looking at this photo, I don't think it's essential.

Sako_2.jpeg

Sako_1.jpeg

Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: Do you have a thread on this project, it is positively scrumptious!!! I didn't want to do a bezel either, but this is so pretty! Can you tell me about the prongs on your side stones? What are you planning on doing regarding the bezel? It isn't my first choice either, although I do love this! Thank you so very much for your help!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a cluster on IG that has the same type of in-between prongs but without the ones on the outside:

F957BFB6-057C-4F9C-AF3A-AD5B29F78E6A.png 0DA224E4-7940-48A3-AF92-FE46CDCF5559.png

Reactions: AV_

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is beautiful, thank you for sending! I spoke with David, and we have decided to forgo the prongs on the outside stones... He is setting it in platinum this week! I am super excited and should have an update soon! :dance:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am OBSESSED with old chunky cluster rings. Absolutely make that stone big and beautiful!!!

arabellan

Rough_Rock
Please post what you ring looks like, would love to see it

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Better late than never, yes?! I cannot believe it has taken me two years to post this, but here are a few pictures of my GORGEOUS flower ring, custom made by David Klass! David was absolutely AMAZING to work with, and I highly recommend him to anyone wanting to do custom work. In fact, I'm probably going to have another project for him soon, which I'll be posting here on Pricescope as well!

These pictures are screen grabs from his Instagram page, and you can see the mesmerizing sparkly video here... https://www.instagram.com/p/B1zjvxW...zQkxteDg3WllOc2NCeG1DVXdOZyZ0PUFBQUFBR0dRc1I0

My "bouquet of diamonds" (as someone on IG called it, love that!!) is locked in the safe, and I keep meaning to take real life pictures... soon! It is gigantic and I only wear it for special occasions. But for now, here it is! I could not love it more!!

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 12.48.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 12.48.42 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 12.48.36 AM.png

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I totally LOVE this!!! Cannot wait to see finger shots to see what real presence it has on the hand. Wear it in health and happiness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results