shape
carat
color
clarity

2.54ct OEC French cut ring

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone---

I wanted to share my new upgrade OEC (thanks to all who helped me decide on this stone :wavey: ) in its new platinum setting from David Klass.

I actually received this ring a couple weeks ago, but the holidays/family emergencies/bad weather had made it hard to take decent photos and start a thread. Better late than never. :)

I went with a design that would be a bit more protective of the stone's extremely thin girdle than the temporary setting it came in, and I decided on a cushion outline to give it some visual interest. I wanted the ring to look dainty but still substantial. DK sourced the custom cut French cut side stones.

DK delivered as always, and I'm thrilled with the results. :love: It's a unique design within my social circle, plenty blingy without being over the top, and most importantly, klutz-proof enough for me so that I can enjoy my new stone with peace of mind.

Here are a few vendor shots:
y17.jpg y13.jpg y10.jpg y15.jpg

And here are some photos I've taken. I pair the ring with an antique platinum band when I don't feel like wearing it solo:
fullsizerender_46_.jpg fullsizerender_38_.jpg
fullsizerender_39_.jpg fullsizerender_49_.jpg fullsizerender_50_.jpg
fullsizerender_43_.jpg fullsizerender_45_.jpg fullsizerender_42_.jpg

And just for fun, while it may look a little too 'much', there might be occasions when I feel like pairing it with my French cut eternity :) :
img_6640_0.jpg
fullsizerender_47_.jpg
fullsizerender_48_.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a beautiful stone and I love this ring paired with your French cut band! I think they look beautiful together!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is gorgeous!!! :love: You were wise to set it in a protective setting, and that one is a beauty! Your diamond is so well cut, too, and it reminds me of the cut of mine!

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
The detailing on this ring is beautiful and great finger coverage!! :bigsmile: It's beautiful!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love your ring!!! The OEC is gorgeous!! And I'm with MissGotRocks...I love it with your French cut eternity!!! Perfect match :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! I admired your ring on David's FB. It's beautiful. David Klass did an amazing job on the detailing. I love the cushion bezel and the engraving. I love love love your ring paired with your french cut band. A very sophisticated combination.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting! Love the cushion outline with the french sides. Yummy!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blush, did you climb into my head and look up a fantasy setting?? That is exactly what I have envisioned but could not put into words!! Your stone and setting are just DIVINE!!! :love: :love: :love: PERFECT in every single way!!!!!!! It is so beautiful. Congratulations and just squeeze every ounce of joy wearing that amazing, amazing ring!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell us your finger size??

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Gorg-E-ous ring :love: :love: I also think the french cut band pairs perfectly with it. Stunning!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful OEC and pretty setting too!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your OEC - a perfect match with your setting.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a beautifully cut OEC and the setting is devine!

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is stunning - perfect in every way. Love it paired with the beautiful french cut band. Enjoy! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your ring, and I especially love it with the french cut band!!! Not over the top at all-perfect!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1483142605|4110905 said:

In a previous thread she wrote that her finger is a size 4/4.25 but got her eternity band to a size 4.5

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so gorgeous!!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
It's so amazing and unique! Thank you for sharing! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is a GORGEOUS OEC.. :love: :love: :love:

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
Looks like a beautiful stone and I love this ring paired with your French cut band! I think they look beautiful together!!
ac117 said:
Absolutely love your ring!!! The OEC is gorgeous!! And I'm with MissGotRocks...I love it with your French cut eternity!!! Perfect match :love: :love: :love:
Bonfire said:
Wow!!! Gorg-E-ous ring :love: :love: I also think the french cut band pairs perfectly with it. Stunning!
Queenie60 said:
Your ring is stunning - perfect in every way. Love it paired with the beautiful french cut band. Enjoy! :love:
luv2sparkle said:
I adore your ring, and I especially love it with the french cut band!!! Not over the top at all-perfect!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback about pairing my ring with the French cut band. When designing this ring with David, I wanted the side stones to be as delicate looking as possible, with the hope that I could pull off wearing them together. I'm glad that it worked out. :)

diamondseeker2006 said:
Oh wow, that is gorgeous!!! :love: You were wise to set it in a protective setting, and that one is a beauty! Your diamond is so well cut, too, and it reminds me of the cut of mine!
That's such a lovely compliment, thank you! Your AVR is so, so stunning, and I never get tired of seeing photos of it.

Acinom said:
Woohoo! I admired your ring on David's FB. It's beautiful. David Klass did an amazing job on the detailing. I love the cushion bezel and the engraving. I love love love your ring paired with your french cut band. A very sophisticated combination.
I appreciate the kind words, Acinom! Yes, David definitely has an eye for detail when it comes to engraving. I pretty much left it up to him to decide on the engraving style, and it couldn't have turned out any better.

LLJsmom said:
Blush, did you climb into my head and look up a fantasy setting?? That is exactly what I have envisioned but could not put into words!! Your stone and setting are just DIVINE!!! :love: :love: :love: PERFECT in every single way!!!!!!! It is so beautiful. Congratulations and just squeeze every ounce of joy wearing that amazing, amazing ring!!
LLJsmom, thank you again for your invaluable input about the center stone. We must have similar taste :D , because I absolutely love your stone and setting as well. I didn't know exactly what I wanted for a while, but I obsessed over the "French cut sides" thread on PS. I saw two different rings that DK had made (a ruby with delicate French cut sides and a MRB in a cushion-shaped 'bezel'), and I asked him to combine elements from these rings.

LLJsmom said:
Resonance.Of.Life said:
In a previous thread she wrote that her finger is a size 4/4.25 but got her eternity band to a size 4.5
ROL is correct---my ring size is 4-4.25, and this ring is size 4.25. :)

Strawberry129 said:
The detailing on this ring is beautiful and great finger coverage!! :bigsmile: It's beautiful!
JDDN said:
Beautiful setting! Love the cushion outline with the french sides. Yummy!!!
arkieb1 said:
Beautiful OEC and pretty setting too!!!!
minousbijoux said:
Love your OEC - a perfect match with your setting.
kathley said:
You have a beautifully cut OEC and the setting is devine!
lambskin said:
Laila619 said:
Wow, so gorgeous!!!
Skhii said:
It's so amazing and unique! Thank you for sharing! :appl:
mochiko42 said:
that is a GORGEOUS OEC.. :love: :love: :love:
Thank you all for your sweet comments, everyone! I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm truly enjoying wearing this ring---I still get butterflies at times when I catch glimpses of it... As a bonus, it is surprisingly very comfortable on the hand, making it an overall joy to wear. Thank you all for sharing in my excitement. :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really love your ring! :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! :love: :love: :love:
Sophisticated, elegant and just WOW. Exquisite.
Beautiful OEC, gorgeous setting and LOVE the french cuts. A winning combination.

:love: :love: :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous; congratulations! :love: :love:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the French cuts with your stone. The profile is divine!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the puffy crown and flowery pattern of your OEC! :love: Your setting compliments it well! Congrats again! :appl:

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
lknvrb4, missy, JoCoJenn, poshmommy, m-2-b--- thank you so much for the kind words! :wavey:

I hope you all have a Happy, blingy, New Year!
fullsizerender_52_.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the bands you paired it with and I like the round stone with the implied cushion setting - incredible!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and setting! I love that you put it in a cushion shaped head...it's really unique (in a good way)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results