shape
carat
color
clarity

2.53ct. Cushion cut - need help with a new setting!!!

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
I need help!! My new center stone needs a home, but I can't decide! Ok, so here we are 2 years after my FI and I met, and he surprised me with an upgrade on my center stone on our 2 year anniversary. I originally had a 1.53ct. cushion cut in a diamond halo with a diamond band (top ring in picture with 2 rings on). Well, the diamonds kept falling out of the band and I've only had the ring less than a year (there is still one missing in the picture above), we're talking 12 stones replaced in 6 months. The store agreed to (after a huge run around) credit us back the original purchase price of the setting, saying that they hadn't ever had the ring made in my size as they should have, they only re-sized it from the beginning and that is what caused the detoriation of all of the mini prongs and the loosing of all the diamonds...
Well, after searching long and hard, on here mostly, I came up with a custom setting that was perfect for my 1.53 and wouldn't add too it.. but more compliment it (the halo always stuck out like a sore thumb on my first one, i thought...) Anyway, it's taken almost 6 months for communication and just a drawing to be done between me and the jeweler (we used a local commercialized jewelry store) and I was at my wits end.
My fiance took me yesterday because the drawing was finally done, and instead of viewing the drawing, we were actually there to view a couple diamond options for the upgrade that he was surprising me with!!!!! He and the woman we were working with at the store were trying to find the perfect new stone (my old one had a carbon dot right on the top in the line of sight) and it wasn't ever the setting that was taking so long, I about had a break down in the store. I had been so frustrated, not knowing why this process waas taking so long, when all along he had this plan and he had them stall until they could find the right stone or couple stones so i could pick my final new upgrade....so.. after picking out my new center stone...2.53ct cushion cut!! I realized that the new setting im wanting (that I've waited 6 months for lol) might be too much. I was looking at a sort of "bloom" halo, more under the center stone and not surrounding it.. but now I love love my center stone so much that I think I want something more simple... no halo... Either wat, now, I need your help!! I want a setting to compliment my new stone... something dainty so the emphasis is on the stone and not the setting, but I dont' just want a plain ol band...Also, my new setting was going to be rose gold (from the diamonds you can tell I like to have that hint of color in my diamond, but again, now maybe I should stick with white gold and a rose gold wedding band?! OOHHHHHH.... what's a girl to do lol -- I just can't decide and I have to choose by monday so that I can have my new set by Christmas - PLEASE any suggestions you'd have would be wonderful.. I'll post some pics.. and I'd love to see what your thoughts are! Thank you in advance!!!
new_and_old_stone.jpg new_and_old_stone2.jpg

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the new stone! And that is one sneaky man you have there lol... Its lovely and what great finger coverage!!!

This is one of my favorites. You could do a white gold setting then play with rose gold bands, or stack them, etc. But I personally LOVE this combo from Antiquecushionseeker.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-brand-new-wedding-set.180290/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-brand-new-wedding-set.180290/[/URL]

Or if you want to "dress" your diamond up a bit more... This is probably my most favorite ring EVER! It's Diamond924 big and beautiful cushion. I just swoon every time I see it :love:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-hunting-my-leon-mege-and-perry-chen-experience.181274/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-hunting-my-leon-mege-and-perry-chen-experience.181274/[/URL]

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI;

Search "Boston Jeff" on this forum. Nuff said! :love:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you check out Victor Canera or Leon Mege? They make custom designed, hand forged platinum settings and many people here have been happy with their work. Just do a search under each designer. You'll see lots of halos, but they make stunning simple settings too. Victor is in LA and Leon is in NY. I have heard that Victor can have a very fast turnaround time, if you talk to him about it. I've communicated with him via email and he is very responsive and professional. Check out this website. You will find handshots of many people on PS that have had rings done by him. And for a simple setting without a halo or lots of fancy side stones, his prices seem VERY reasonable, given that his are platinum, HAND forged one of a kind pieces. When I can commit, I will be on his doorstep.

http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings

Hope you find something you like and have fun!! :appl:

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
@GoldFish8 - Thank you!! That first one from Antiquecushionseeker is almost exactly what I was thinking.. I wish I could see the actual underside of that setting a little better, but it's pretty much right along my lines of what Im wanting! :) The "dressy" setting you sent me, wow!! It's definitely gorgeous... but since I already had that halo and thought it was too gaudy, I think this time Im looking for more of a simple softer look...like the first example! :)

@ canuk-gal - I will check out Boston Jeff, thank you!! :)

@ LLJsmom - I have seen a lot of their work, gorgeous items!! Im the same way though, i don't know if I can commit... i feel like I change my mind everyday, diamond band, no diamond band... halo, no halo.... lol too many choices!! We are working with a jeweler here, who is well, through the same company we bought the stone through, but I have no direct contact... so working one on one with someone would be great, however, we've already begun the process through them, I just can't decide what I want, definitely something simple and classy so that I can't hate it in a couple months lol -- thank you for your recommendations!! :)

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about a very dainty halo? It would really be lovely without overwhelming or competing with the center stone. Dougsgirl setting is gorgeous :love:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avc-halo-and-thanksgiving-nails-oh-my.182181/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avc-halo-and-thanksgiving-nails-oh-my.182181/[/URL]

Other than Victor Canera and Leon, you can also check out Steve Kirsch who is in NY. Some designer brands I can think of who have amazing settings are Beaudry, Michael B and Jack Kelege. You can look at their web catalog for inspiration too if that helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results