shape
carat
color
clarity

2.32 G VS1 RB stone to be set with Michael B !

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
frankiextah said:
5 days !!!!

my wedding band is made of 8 pointers, E VVS, 20 stones = 1.65ct

every day is getting longer and longer !! :((

As I understand you must be very impatient

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
That is QUITE a fabulous rock! Huge and VS1 G, AGS000!!!! Congrats! :appl:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys !!

the light is at the end of the tunnel! i can see it !!! :D

just curious, does the diamond visually look larger in the tension prongs or does it look bigger in its final setting?

last batch of photos before the ring photos ! :appl:

IMG_0625a.jpg
IMG_0713a.jpg IMG_0744a.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was always told it looked bigger when set but you'll have to be the judge.

Just be sure and take lots and lots of pictures - some from far away too so we get the proper size perspective. My center stone has the same measurements as yours but your looks lots bigger. Can't decide if that's because these are close up or because your finger is longer - ha!

We're very excited for you and very anxious to see your new ring. I know the waiting must be killing you!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i know, the wait's been killing me !!

i distracted myself with a massive shopping spree at saks this past week (20% off friends and family event) ... leather jacket, down puffer jacket, wool coat, boots, leggings, FRESH body products, etcetc ... i am definitely going to return a few things ... DH is about to kill me !

MGR, that's what i have heard as well, but i did not see that when i received my ex-3stone ring ... perhaps this time the solitaire will look larger? (crossing fingers!)

and MGR your rock is HUGE on you, the rocks on your 3-stone ring basically cover the entire width of your finger! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankiextah said:
i know, the wait's been killing me !!

i distracted myself with a massive shopping spree at saks this past week (20% off friends and family event) ... leather jacket, down puffer jacket, wool coat, boots, leggings, FRESH body products, etcetc ... i am definitely going to return a few things ... DH is about to kill me !

MGR, that's what i have heard as well, but i did not see that when i received my ex-3stone ring ... perhaps this time the solitaire will look larger? (crossing fingers!)

and MGR your rock is HUGE on you, the rocks on your 3-stone ring basically cover the entire width of your finger! :love:

You are bad - a new diamond ring and all that loot too? Ha - you go girl! Only agree to take two things back!!

I do think the three stone mounting makes the center stone look a bit smaller. I bought this stone for the three stone so I never saw it as a solitaire. I think that will make a difference in size though.

Just a few more sleeps until your big 'ole ring gets here - can't wait!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha distraction by shopping - more - :cheeky:

I personally found that my stone looked larger loose from top-down, in the temp on my finger - probably because it's perched so high off the finger! But your stone is huge on your hand, so 'bigger' isn't really an issue 8)

I definitely agree that a threestone makes the centre look smaller, and I can't wait to see what your solitaire looks like!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
WOW that's a honker! It is beautiful and to me looks bigger either way.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did the ring arrive in NYC today? Will they take any pics for you?

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and you could easily be a hand model. :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.Can't.Wait.Any.Longer.

Where are you? Where is the ring? We're dying here girl :twisted:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
guys i'm DYING here too !! :angryfire: it's 4am and i am sleepless in NYC !

the ring is ONE DAY LATE ! it will arrive tomorrow (10/28) by noon ! :knockout:

My SA was not in the store today (hence never replied my emails), and when i called the store no one seemed to be able to help... so i called Michael B to inquire myself... they told me the ring would ship today (10/27) or tomorrow (10/28) :angryfire: ... when i heard that i immediately expressed my reluctance to have the ring sit in the Fedex delivery truck all weekend (they don't deliver on Saturdays or Sundays), and in order to avoid that, the ring must ship today. they told me they would do their best and would call me back to confirm.

now you can laugh at me on the following:

Needless to say, I went straight to Barneys and looked at shoes (every pair of shoes looked amazing today for some reason... eh hem). Just as i picked up a pair of shoes to look at i got a call back ! the ring was shipped out successfully and would arrive at Michael C Fina the next day ! (thus, i did not end up with any shoes, thank goodness)... i went for a manicure instead !

*disclaimer - i'm really not some spoiled NYC socialite wife (i know i sound like that shopping and looking at jewelry), i just moved back from Hong Kong 2 months ago, got married 1 month ago, and my papers are still pending approval by the immigrations for the next 2 months before i can start looking for work *legally* again... therefore i am fully utilizing this period doing all of these things hehe... i am currently working on my online GIA courses ( i took the diamond grading lab class in Hong Kong) ! :saint:

so, trying to get some sleep now, wish me luck and i will report back very soon !!! ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a hoot - so glad that they shipped the ring! Will save wear and tear on your soul and your wallet!

We'll be watching for the new beauty!

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is so pretty on your hand. The ring will be gorgeous!!!!

Just as a heads up, I bought my ring at Fina too and they didn't call for days after the ring was ready (I only knew it was ready because my FI saw the charge for the other 50% on his online statement). So WE called them -- and it was ready. I've read about that happening to someone else too. But I know you're totally on top of it and you know the ring has been shipped from Michael B to Fina so you should get it FAST. Sylvio, who mounts the stones there, is terrific, very professional. Cannot wait for photos of the new ring!

P.S. I just re-read your post that you're getting the ring today 10/28. Congrats!!!!!!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know it's not possible, but I think most of PS is almost as excited as you are about this ring!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth said:
I know it's not possible, but I think most of PS is almost as excited as you are about this ring!!

It is possible athena, believe me!!! :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Anything?!!? :saint:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful diamond! :love: :love: :love:

Angietaren

Rough_Rock
That is a seriously beautiful diamond. Congratulations.

ER-M

Rough_Rock
Can you please help me!!I have selected a round 2.3GVVS1 H&A Diamond and have to finalize my setting. I am getting the Hana Setting from BG which looks very similar to your Paris setting. I saw that u said your height is 8.5mm. The designer I am working with recommends 6.8 and doesn’t like to go higher than 7.5mm tops. Have you had any issues with yours? Unfortunately I cannot try them on in person which is why this is soo hard. I feel like 6.8-7.5 is too low.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please help me!!I have selected a round 2.3GVVS1 H&A Diamond and have to finalize my setting. I am getting the Hana Setting from BG which looks very similar to your Paris setting. I saw that u said your height is 8.5mm. The designer I am working with recommends 6.8 and doesn’t like to go higher than 7.5mm tops. Have you had any issues with yours? Unfortunately I cannot try them on in person which is why this is soo hard. I feel like 6.8-7.5 is too low.

This thread is from 2010. We haven’t seen Frankiextah around here in a long time. If memory serves me correctly, she reset her diamond in another ring and then eventually upgraded to a 3 carat diamond. She had yet another setting made for it and I believe sold the others. The height of her diamond might have just been due to the setting itself. The higher the diamond is set, the more it becomes vulnerable to being knocked around and damaged. It can be more difficult to wear and function in every day life as well. Not a bad idea to heed the advice of BGD, but if you don’t want it that low, you might need to consider another setting or vendor.

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
This thread is from 2010. We haven’t seen Frankiextah around here in a long time. If memory serves me correctly, she reset her diamond in another ring and then eventually upgraded to a 3 carat diamond. She had yet another setting made for it and I believe sold the others. The height of her diamond might have just been due to the setting itself. The higher the diamond is set, the more it becomes vulnerable to being knocked around and damaged. It can be more difficult to wear and function in every day life as well. Not a bad idea to heed the advice of BGD, but if you don’t want it that low, you might need to consider another setting or vendor.

I was UCLABelle back then, but yes, I believe she did reset and upgrade.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results