shape
carat
color
clarity

2.3-2.5ct Lab Grown — all out on quality

newtothis100

Rough_Rock
Shopping for an engagement ring diamond and I’ve settled on 2.3-2.5ct - I want to go all out on quality. Any recommendations on where to buy?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I’m not an expert but there are several wonderful vendors. I am currently waiting for a 3 stone ring from Jann Paul. There EG & LG go through unbelievable quality control and they are well known. I went with them because I was looking for an emerald cut and really wanted to know I would have no regrets. The pros on here say if you buy from them, you could buy sight unseen (not that you would do that), but their quality is that good.
There is also White Flash. They have an excellent reputation and are a quality source, as are some others. I’m sure other posters will chime in with their favorites.

If you decide to go with JP, I am working with Avery. She is great. I’ve heard Eugene is also excellent. Just be prepared for a lead time of a few months, especially for an over 2ct. stone.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Distinctive Gem also has great stones! They do really nice precision cuts especially if you want a vintage/antique cut.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I’m not an expert but there are several wonderful vendors. I am currently waiting for a 3 stone ring from Jann Paul. There EG & LG go through unbelievable quality control and they are well known. I went with them because I was looking for an emerald cut and really wanted to know I would have no regrets. The pros on here say if you buy from them, you could buy sight unseen (not that you would do that), but their quality is that good.
There is also White Flash. They have an excellent reputation and are a quality source, as are some others. I’m sure other posters will chime in with their favorites.

If you decide to go with JP, I am working with Avery. She is great. I’ve heard Eugene is also excellent. Just be prepared for a lead time of a few months, especially for an over 2ct. stone.

How exciting! I have heard nothing but good things about Jann Paul. So looking forward to seeing your 3 stone ring. I'm sure it will be out of this word. :)

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Distinctive Gem posted something online.

$2995

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distinctive Gem posted something online.

$2995

What do you think about the striations I see in the enlarged pics? I just honestly don't know the acceptable amount of striations or internal graining (not sure if I am using the correct terminology) in a CVD lab diamond. I had so much angst because with my OMC cushion lab I could see some striation in the blown up pics but I don't see the diamond as hazy or milky in real life.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Just found out my EC main stone from JP was sent out for grading to GCAL. I ordered in April. Just so you can see timing. It could take 4-6 weeks to come back.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found out my EC main stone from JP was sent out for grading to GCAL. I ordered in April. Just so you can see timing. It could take 4-6 weeks to come back.

I'm so excited for you. I hope this diamond is "the one" for you. You deserve a spectacular diamond! :)

kathness

Shiny_Rock
What do you think about the striations I see in the enlarged pics? I just honestly don't know the acceptable amount of striations or internal graining (not sure if I am using the correct terminology) in a CVD lab diamond. I had so much angst because with my OMC cushion lab I could see some striation in the blown up pics but I don't see the diamond as hazy or milky in real life.

Fair enough! If money is no object will definitely stick to JannPaul. They grow their own lab diamonds so they have more control of the quality.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Fair enough! If money is no object will definitely stick to JannPaul. They grow their own lab diamonds so they have more control of the quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results