shape
carat
color
clarity

2.22CT Marquise D VS1 price

SelenaMarquise

Rough_Rock
Hi! First time on here and have just been introduced to lab created. I was looking for your thoughts and inputs on this gem. GIA certified, D color, 2.22, VS1. Does anyone see any issues with this? Windowing? I feel like I can see the prongs from below. Will the fire and clarity on this lab stone last a lifetime and more? Thanks! image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
There isn't a window. What you're seeing is a bowtie, not prongs. It is extremely common in ovals and marquise diamonds due to the shape. I'll let people more knowledgeable chime in on cut quality.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A diamond is a diamond. Color and fire will stay forever, clarity on any diamond is subject to how you treat it. Assume you don’t use it to go rock climbing, lifting weights etc it should be stable.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Haha I misread the last part. I thought you were asking about the quality of cut. I am not a morning person.

Anyway, yes, lab diamonds are chemically and molecular structurally identical as natural so they have the same attributes. Neither the clarity or fire will change just because it is a lab. That only happens with treatments and/or enhancements.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does anyone see any issues with this?

As incredibly helpful folks are here ( and boy are they ever!) no one can glean any useful information from your pictures.....they're nice pics!
But there are many potential issues that no one could tell from those pics.....

SelenaMarquise

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Here is a better pic, to clarify my concern, in certain angles it looks like I can see my skin. Is this normal? Or could it be bc it is a poor cut? All of your thoughts are welcome. Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 9.18.22 PM.jpeg

SelenaMarquise

Rough_Rock
As incredibly helpful folks are here ( and boy are they ever!) no one can glean any useful information from your pictures.....they're nice pics!
But there are many potential issues that no one could tell from those pics.....

What other kinds of potential issues ?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What other kinds of potential issues ?

First of all is the cut- if it's not well cut, the other considerations are moot....
If it passes that first barrier...
The main two that come to mind:
Transparency- there are LG diamonds that have grain and other issues that affect how much they sparkle.
Blue Nuance- some HPHT created stones have a blue tint to them
Some people love that- but many people buying a D color want a colorless diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results