shape
carat
color
clarity

2.20 Old Mine Cut opinion please?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am intrigued by this stone but does it look like it has a fish eye to you? In the face up photo I see what looks like a yellow outline from 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock position but it could just be the M color? Here's a link to the GIA - what are ideal angles/table/depth for an OMC? http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=DIA589_-_1.jpg&username=thelistingmonkey&aid=208071243

and here's a link to a video of the stone spinning 100 MPH on one of those pedestal things - if you click it, you can slow it down but the angle is terrible and I can't see the facet pattern. http://arqspin.com/s/1d1xbswurc6sf

I have requested a video of the stone in the sun. Otherwise I like the shape. Okay, lay it on me, is it awful?

edited to add the link to the video

_35883.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're so right. Nothing they've given you is helpful! It doesn't look good in the photos - it's not sending back a whole lot of light.
But they are hard to photograph & obviously the stone is tilted in the photos. Perhaps you could ask for a photo with the culet dead-center.
I see they have a 30-day return policy, so it would not hurt to look at it in person if you are curious.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, that video want much help. I would call and talk to the vendor about the stone. Hopefully they will be honest with you. If it sounds good then you can check it out in person,

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes like Jimmianne said, you need pics straight on to see. It is quite spready for that size according to the report. My 2.20 is much smaller at 7.63x7.41 but it has a very high crown and is deep at 5.68.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Two more pics in its original plat mounting which I love, needs a new prong tip though. Good deal for 10k?

a3_1.jpg

img_3619-1_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results