shape
carat
color
clarity

2.17 oval remount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Hi all...newbie here. This site has been so helpful in general so now I am going to ask for personal help! I have a 2.17 oval, D, SI-1. measures approx. 12 x 9. I am thinking of re mounting, right now it is in a very "flashy" 90''s yellow gold with everything possble! 2.30 tw of baguettes, rounds, and squares. Whew...It makes my head spin
10.gif
. Anyway, I do not wear a wedding band and don''t want to start, I think that is part of the reason I ended up with such a chunky ring. How can I simplify and still "look married"??

I love Kaleigh''s oval and half moons...would it work as well with a 2 ct? I also love Toni Braxton''s oval and hearts...no matter where it came from.....any other suggestions...also what to do with old mount...I am thinking citrine???

Will try to post pics tonite.

P.S. I also have a 1.5 pear in a halo with pave shank, so I think halois out for the oval. I will look forward to your ideas..I think this will be a fun place!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 2:22:10 PM
Author:lineyd
Hi all...newbie here. This site has been so helpful in general so now I am going to ask for personal help! I have a 2.17 oval, D, SI-1. measures approx. 12 x 9. I am thinking of re mounting, right now it is in a very ''flashy'' 90''s yellow gold with everything possble! 2.30 tw of baguettes, rounds, and squares. Whew...It makes my head spin
10.gif
. Anyway, I do not wear a wedding band and don''t want to start, I think that is part of the reason I ended up with such a chunky ring. How can I simplify and still ''look married''??

I love Kaleigh''s oval and half moons...would it work as well with a 2 ct? I also love Toni Braxton''s oval and hearts...no matter where it came from.....any other suggestions...also what to do with old mount...I am thinking citrine???

Will try to post pics tonite.

P.S. I also have a 1.5 pear in a halo with pave shank, so I think halois out for the oval. I will look forward to your ideas..I think this will be a fun place!
Welcome!

I think an oval with half moons is a classic, so that could definitely be an option, or an oval with side baguettes, lots of possible choices! How exciting!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Please come back and post pics of the current setting, I am interested to see that...

Kat

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope.
35.gif
I vote for a platinum setting like Kaleigh''s if you don''t want to have the stone set by itself in platinum.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I think an oval with pear sides would be yummy!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps something like this would look nice?
I know it''s shown with a cushion, but i''m sure they could make it for an oval.
ring 1
Here''s another with an oval...
ring 2
ring 3
Gorgeous!!!
ring 4
ring 5
Last one...
ring 6

Just thought I would give you some examples for designs!!

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions....The samples are beautiful! And yes, I think pears would be terrific as side stones! How big for side stones with my 2 ct.

I am going to try attaching pics now...hope I can.

Jewelry_Feb_24_2008 003.jpg

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Here is a hand shot:

Jewelry_Feb_24_2008 004_Small.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You might consider an east west setting for finger coverage.

Or, I love this Maevona oval setting

maevonastronsey.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Put that baby with half moons, such a great look... Pear sides would be great too.
1.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I wear a setting that I don''t like with any band as my e-ring. Yeah, you will occasionally hear people ask "Oh, are you engaged?" but generally I think people assume that if you have a ring on that finger, you''re married. One way or the other, I prefer it alone so I just don''t care what other people assume, I guess.

So, I''d just go with whatever you want, and don''t worry about whether it says "married" or not. I love the pears or half moons idea. Classic but fun!

Oh- there is a gorgeous ring that pauly1 has by Greenlake Jewelers that is a cushion, but the cushion looks oval-y, and I think it''s one of the most gorgeous settings ever. There''s a pic most of the way down the page on this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-3-5-4-5-size-finger-with-diamond-ring.108097/page-2 . Yummy! (And definitely a look I''ve coveted!)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! I''d put that oval with...Two more ovals. I happen to love the Harry Winston three stone oval setting. The double prongs on the center stone and single prongs on the sides are perfect IMO. I''d have Leon make it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 5:12:56 PM
Author: Tuckins1
I know it''s shown with a cushion, but i''m sure they could make it for an oval.
ring 1
ring 2
ring 3
Gorgeous!!!
ring 4
ring 5
Last one...
ring 6

Good work Tuckies!!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I think your oval would look beautiful w/ half moons a la Kaleigh - I think her ring is just gorgeous, and a stunning way to set an oval. On the ering-only issue, mine has 3 sided pave and I wear no band with it - who cares?? If you and your DH are happy, wear what you like
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I just posted Kellybell''s oval on your SMTR thread - I''m posting it here as well. I think this is a great setting for an oval - bullets:

oval7.jpg

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 5:12:56 PM
Author: Tuckins1
ring 1
ring 2
ring 3
Gorgeous!!!
ring 4
ring 5
Last one...
ring 6

Thanks for the research....love 2 of them!

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:26:18 PM
Author: Miranda
Beautiful stone! I''d put that oval with...Two more ovals. I happen to love the Harry Winston three stone oval setting. The double prongs on the center stone and single prongs on the sides are perfect IMO. I''d have Leon make it.
Love your ring Miranda...is it posted anywhere?

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 4:58:36 AM
Author: babysteps
I think your oval would look beautiful w/ half moons a la Kaleigh - I think her ring is just gorgeous, and a stunning way to set an oval. On the ering-only issue, mine has 3 sided pave and I wear no band with it - who cares?? If you and your DH are happy, wear what you like
1.gif
Yes....you are right....It''s not like I am beating off men because I have no wedding band!! I am definately leaning toward the half moons!

lineyd

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:28:54 PM
Author: got2goldens
Please come back and post pics of the current setting, I am interested to see that...

Kat
Got the pic up with a little help from hubby....of course he says there is nothing wrong with ring the ay it is!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:30:16 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Put that baby with half moons, such a great look... Pear sides would be great too.
1.gif
I second the half-moon/pear/bullet side stone setting idea. I think it will look very classy but still be fabulous bling with major finger coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results