shape
carat
color
clarity

2.13 Carat SI - I - H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
Opinions on this stone. What are the chances this thing faces up white?

TIA

BR213ISI1NREPORT.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scores well on the HCA...I think it was .8 TIC EX EX EX VG. Very nice!

If it is an H&A and it is well cut which it seems to be, this stone will probably face up whiter than a typical regular old I stone. Have you seen it? If not, I would ask the vendor if its face-up white. Hopefully they will be honest. But again..if its well cut, it will face up whiter, and I have seen old Euro cut I's in plat that look white when set. So you may have no worries. I have also seen slightly more yellow I's. So again..asking the vendor may help put your fears to rest.

Also F&I may post, she has a 2c+ I stone and loves it! On the SI...just be sure its 100% eye clean. As you get into the larger carat weight on the stones, you may sometimes see inclusions more clearly on a 2c stone than you would a .80c stone. Just confirm its eye clean. Good luck!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Opinions on this stone. What are the chances this thing faces up white?

TIA

Swansong: Hello Again. I have attached a pic of D next to I. Keep in mind that the slight hint of color in a stone might become more observable as you go up in size.. Contact Jonathan via e-mail and he will answer any of your questions honestly including the color issue. I will say that the megascope readings for the measurements on this stone are phenominal. No variance greater than .4 within the whole stone. Very tight. The b-scope readings along with the 5 light views are also high. I think what you are going to have to do is see the stone and decided wether or not you like the little difference in color range you are getting for saving money on this stone. You are in the 2 carat range and i THINK from another thread you mentioned your budget to be around 15k. I think it's a matter of what your willing to sacrafice. In this case being the color since you are set on the 2 carat mark. This stone is a contender in its own class though with it's tight symmetry. The b-scopes are great & so are the light views....I is something you are going to have to see for yourself to decide whether you like it. i know that Jonathan offers a 30 day money back gaurantee...(no questions asked) if you don't like the stone so you really have nothing to lose. Inspect the stone and examine it for yourself and let your eyes be the judge......

Tak-er-easy-

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

I.jpg

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
No doubt that you'll be able to see a little color in an "I" color diamond IF you're looking for it, however it will probably not be something that is screaming at you - even if you set the diamond in platinum... The numbers look GREAT! It's probably a barn stormer of a stone!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/15/2003 12:47:54 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Josh, is it my screen, or is that "I" stone showing a whole lot of color?

----------------
Yes. Definitely some noticable color Rich.

-Josh
10.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
One more thing... As Mara said ask infos about the clarity... Often SI 1s weighing 2+cts have eye visible inclusions... The color SHOULD face up quite nicely and you'll see only a small amount of color...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add something to Josh's post before our poster gets scared off by the I. I stones are by definition 'near colorless' but the range for NC encompasses G, H, I, J. I'm sure you already know, but I wanted to say that the G/H/I/J range in my mind is one of the most hotly discussed and variable. From K on..I think most will agree that yes, even a discrimintating eye will see some light color.

That said--I have a G stone and its white...very white. I see NO distinction between D/E/F mounted stones and my stone, nor did we see a difference when we compared a loose E to my loose G. That's part of the reason we chose our stone. H's will face up white..I don't think I have heard anyone on here say that their H stone does not face up white in plat, and we have seen some pix of H stones in plat settings on here and they look pretty white to me. I is where things start to get a little tricky. There are strong I's or weak I's...meaning they are on the verge of J. I have seen white I's in platinum that look pretty white...you can't even tell its an I, even when compared WHILE SET to a D. J is even more debatable, but I wouldn't purchase a J if I had to sacrifice elsewhere. To me I'd go no lower than an I if I have the *strictest budget* and was looking to meet another priority (e.g. carat weight).

My point is to take the picture that Josh posted with a little grain of salt. Not to discount the D/I comparison because that may be close to reality, but the stone will be set and you will not be comparing it to a D stone side by side upside down on a white paper (best way to tell color). So yes your stone may show very small amounts of yellow, but in no way will it look truly yellow. I hope this makes some sense. I just wanted to clarify a little (and forgive me if you already knew this..) because that I stone in the D/I comparison DOES show alot of color for an I in my opinion. Chances are a well-cut stone such as the one you are considering (H&A) will not face up yellow.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Mine too, Rich! An "I" should NOT be that yellow!!!Who graded it?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I think it's just the screen. On mine looks somewhat close to K-L... Maybe it's an EGL 'I'
2.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
!!!!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If someone has a very good picture of a GIA or AGS graded five stone diamond master color set it would be helpful.

A lower color diamond might "face up" white but when you put it in the color tray next to a D, the color difference is very apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results