color
clarity

2.1 ct RB Vatche/IDJ Upgrade

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mco312

We had the same old setting!
I took the diamond out of my Vatche Serenity and it is being set in a HPD 3-stone ring currently.
I like my HPD Symphonie much more, like you I always thought the diamond was a little squished in the Vatche setting 20171011_161039.jpg

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The Symphonie proportions are perfect @cflutist! The pave stones in the Symphonie are bigger too, right? I thought the Vatche pave was just a teensy bit too small.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mco312
The Vatche pave was .12 ctw while HPD Symphone is .34ctw (1.6mm each) for a size 4.5.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@cflutist - I think those proportions are ideal! I hope you enjoy the Symphonie for years to come!

I had requested my diamond to be set higher than what I got in the Vatche Serenity setting, which was disappointing. It seemed risky and a hassle to try and set the stone higher, so I went with the classic Vatche U-113 and had a different jeweler set it. I love the reset!

Last edited:

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
I’m in the market for a very similar ring, it looks beautiful! :love: May I ask how much the stone was?

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry, just seeing this now... I don't remember the exact cost of the stone, but if you reach out to ID Jewelry (or search their website), you can get a good idea of the cost.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful. I would keep it as is. If it's set too high, could be uncomfortable however it's a personal choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results