shape
carat
color
clarity

2.08 H VVS1 asscher - help strmrdr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 12:18:55 PM
Author: kenny
Karl, you have to admit your new status as a member of the industry must result in a change in what you feel free to post.

Imagine if the stone in question was from GOG, the vendor that will be selling your diamond design.

Surely you couldn''t be as candid.

For that reason people will be watching to see if you are equally as candid, or not, regardless of which vendor offers the stone in question.

Even if you feel you do not have a conflict of interest, there is the appearance of one.

I have the deepest respect for both your technical knowledge and your spirit of helping people zoom in on the best asscher, but your status has changed so these kinds of threads where non-GOG vendors defend their stones may become common.

In fact this may even fall under the PS rule of one vendor not being allowed to comment on the stones of another vendor.
Hi Kenny thanks for posting your concern and giving me the opportunity to clarify my position.
Anyone who knows me knows I would have said the exact same thing about gog images in the same situation. Consumers still come first.
My diamond is not a direct competitor to the diamonds under discussion in this thread and my comments are verifiable technical matters not just random opinions.
I am not a PS vendor and fail under similar rules as Garry except in cases directly involving Octavia or other diamonds I have an interest in.
In other words discussing the images is well with the rules I am required to operate under.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Karl.

I'm glad, because it would be a shame to limit your valuable input when people are asscher shopping.

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You have not addressed the salient point here and/or clarified why you made an erroneous and blanket statement to assert that our provided images were certainly not of the same diamond.

("here is the IS the aset image isn't even close to being from the same diamond as the IS".)

I do believe this is worth purusing a bit further and now that you have provided us with the opportunity. I do believe that this was an irresponsible statement. I do believe that your new standing only enhances your responsibility to not make such statements and certainly not where it involves a vendors diamonds.

I do believe that you owe us an apology.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 1:19:25 PM
Author: Judah Gutwein
You have not addressed the salient point here and/or clarified why you made an erroneous and blanket statement to assert that our provided images were certainly not of the same diamond.

(''here is the IS the aset image isn''t even close to being from the same diamond as the IS''.)

I do believe this is worth purusing a bit further and now that you have provided us with the opportunity. I do believe that this was an irresponsible statement. I do believe that your new standing only enhances your responsibility to not make such statements and certainly not where it involves a vendors diamonds.

I do believe that you owe us an apology.
You have not provided new images yet and are trying to avoid the issue at hand that the IS and ASET show wildly different things.
It is rather premature to ask for an apology this isn''t DT where vendors can run over everyone.

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The images are being generated for the customer and will be sent shortly.
Your last sentence within the context of this thread, is quite shocking, unwarranted and most unfortunate.

If you cannot decipher the images, say so and request that the op ask for new images.

But it is a quantum leap from this, to blatantly say that the images are of two different stones, thereby impugning the integrity and honesty of the vendor. For this, you owe us an apology.

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
excel has sent the new images. i will post up tonight. or they can be had on the original link.

thanks to everyone for their continuing advice.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Judah,
The DT comment was out of line and for that I apologize.
The other comment could have been worded a little better.
I am working on it but changing my posting style overnight is something that is not coming easy.

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
new images..

excel23hvs1a.jpg

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
second pic

excel23hvs1b.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 10:10:50 PM
Author: ltjbukem
second pic
excel23hvs1b.jpg
Compare that to the bad p3 angle IS images in this article:

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/60/1/Performance-and-the-p3-facets%2c-a-discussion-about-step-cut-diamonds.aspx

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
can anyone opine on the aset on this asscher? 2.2x carat, G, VVS1.

thanks,

20091024_227gvvs1_aset.jpg

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
DIAM x ray

20091024_227gvvs1_diam.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2009 7:44:34 PM
can anyone opine on the aset on this asscher? 2.2x carat, G, VVS1.

thanks,
Do you have the photo, the proportions and lab report type, the diamxray and the Sarin report too please so we can get the crown height?

Edit - looks like those are coming!
9.gif

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
hi, W: 7.352 mm, L: 7.386 mm, L/W: 1.005

crown heights 15.9%, 1.17mm

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
here''s the pic.

20091024_227gvvs1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 11:41:48 AM
here's the pic.
I think it looks good - might be what is called a bright drop style, lets see what my asscher mentor Karl has to say when he logs in, I am not sure if he can comment on this one due to the vendor but he will let us know.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2009 12:20:52 PM
Author: Lorelei

here's the pic.

I think it looks good - might be what is called a bright drop style, lets see what my asscher mentor Karl has to say when he logs in, I am not sure if he can comment on this one due to the vendor but he will let us know.
grey area but I was specifically requested.
needs a Disclaimer: GOG is selling my Octavia.

Looking at the ASET the green windmills need to checked in person to make sure they are bright enough to hold up with the rest of the diamond.
They look ok in the regular picture.
The light return under the edges of the table is a good sign.
Yes it is a bright drop.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 12:34:14 PM
Author: Karl_K

Date: 10/25/2009 12:20:52 PM
Author: Lorelei

here''s the pic.

grey area but I was specifically requested.
needs a Disclaimer: GOG is selling my Octavia.

Looking at the ASET the green windmills need to checked in person to make sure they are bright enough to hold up with the rest of the diamond.
They look ok in the regular picture.
The light return under the edges of the table is a good sign.
Yes it is a bright drop.
Thanks pal!
35.gif

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
the gem advisor cut quality results return good to poor results.

should this worry me, or is it something to be taken with a grain of salt?

GOG is making a video for me, so hope to see something on tuesday.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2009 12:49:58 PM
the gem advisor cut quality results return good to poor results.

should this worry me, or is it something to be taken with a grain of salt?

GOG is making a video for me, so hope to see something on tuesday.
it is par for the course for conventional asschers.

ltjbukem

Rough_Rock
vid:

http://www.vimeo.com/7290565

thoughts?

vimeo1.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/27/2009 9:51:46 PM
vid:

http://www.vimeo.com/7290565

thoughts?
Confirms what I thought the windmills hold their own.
It is clear which are the better 2.
The 1.93 falls down a little in diffused lighting with some large dark zones from above.
The 2.27 beats it in diffused and ties it in direct/fire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results