shape
carat
color
clarity

2.02 princess cut, Good Deal??

Kodiak13

Rough_Rock
Hi all, male newb here on the forum/purchasing diamonds.

I came across a gem that at first sounded too good to be true but decided to go for it with the 14 day 100% refund return policy offered and the 50+ stellar reviews of this jeweler located in Tampa. He has virtually no overhead and it can be reflected on his overall prices.

I ended up choosing a 2.02ct Princess cut that I plan to set in a VC/SK halo. Specs as follows:

I color, VVS2
Symmetry- Excellent
Polish- Very Good
Florescence: faint blue
No cutlet
7.07 x 7.05 x 4.93
table 68%
depth 69.9%
Girdle- Medium
GIA certified w/inscription

I understand there is no specific cut criteria in fancy cut diamonds but from the criteria I did search based on the above spec's it seems to fall in line with a quality cut. In conclusion I picked the stone up for $10,500. Despite the heavy research I am definitely a rookie, so did I do good based off spec's alone?

I apologize but my phone is with Apple right now and my old flip phone camera cant do justice so no pics at the moment but below is a youtube link of the stone that my jeweler posted before I purchased. Let me know what you think, thanks all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od7gv4Q5ptY

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Bump?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks* like a nice stone in the video. Anyway to get an aset image? Just looking at the simple specs (color, clarity, cost), I would
say you did pretty good and since you have a 14 day return policy I suggest you go out and do some visual comparison with other
well cut princess cuts to check it out. You can also take it to an unbiased appraiser and get their opinion.

https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers/florida

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very nice to me too well done for the money

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks very nice in the video as well. Good luck!

Kodiak13

Rough_Rock
Thanks for bump! And thanks for having a look at the video, I hope to post pics soon and possibly get an ASET image, not sure how to go about that??? Honestly I couldn't be happier with the stone, it sparkles so much. Brought it in to a local jeweler and they were wowed and even asked me for my jewelers contact information for personal use lol. I probably will have it appraised by a third party, good call :)

Kodiak13

Rough_Rock
Kmarla- that's a beautiful ring in your profile image, I am looking to have the stone set up in a square halo like yours. May I ask what setting you have that in? well done!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kodiak, that was a GIA 2.03 carat H VS2 set in a custom platinum setting done by a local jeweller. The setting was based on the Tacori Full Bloom design. I no longer have that diamond/setting, but I got many compliments while I had it. I'm sure you will come up with something beautiful!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone looks beautiful in the video! Seems like a great price to me! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results