shape
carat
color
clarity

2.02 carat F VS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tahoet

Rough_Rock
Hello I was wondering if anyone would know the price on a 2.02 carat diamond F VS2 61 depth 56 table.. Thanks. I was also wondering what the mark up is on a diamond like this. Thanks Tim

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Not enough info., but if it's a H&A, it should set you back 20+K.

DanielTahar

Rough_Rock
That's way expensive, you can get a color and two clarity upgrades for that cost!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel, where are you finding this information?

Please...show me where you can get a well-cut 2c E VVS stone for $20k?
rolleyes.gif
More like $27-30k....

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Pricing ranged from $19,600 to $22,350 depending on Vendor and make.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Uh......I second Mara's skepticism on Daniel's assertion that you can raise color and clarity for that price in any kind of decent make.

Here's an F, VS 2....2.03 ct for $25,342:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/2_03ct_f_vs2_h%26a1.htm

I also found this, and it's a G, not an F.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree, depending on several factors (proportions, finish, fluorescence, H&A, etc), prices seem to range from $19.5K to $23K. What is the data on the stone you're considering?

johncdbass

Rough_Rock
I understand a few replies that are taken from web sites and cut and pasted here but is that the bottom line or do most negotiate from there?. I assume that alot of these retailers will offer some type of discount but I have not bought online yet. Tx John

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Actually, no, most don't discount from these prices. These are online retailer prices, and frankly, they are already pretty low to begin with.

Of course, it never hurts to ask for someone's best price, but don't be expecting huge discounts. If these vendors wanted to play that game like the B&Ms do, their starting prices would be much more inflated.

DanielTahar

Rough_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2697835247&category=10216.

All items there are around this price.

By the way, you can get a G / IF for somewhere around $22k.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, Daniel, but this diamond as well as some others listed in your eBay store are VERY deep (total depth = 65.5%).

Other diamonds I checked that are not too deep are listed at rather usual (not unbeatable as you advertise) for the internet prices.

On another note, Daniel, I'm afraid you are abusing this forum
sad.gif

joeysdad

Rough_Rock
DanielTahar, Ebay seller - 10 posts, 8 commenting on how expensive a diamond is that someone is considering....hmmm...
nono.gif

DanielTahar

Rough_Rock
Well, I post that things are too expensive when in fact they ARE too expensive, and am completely backing this policy, if anyone doubts it I guarentee it and can prove it - that is, show you a better offer for every item I posted a "too expensive" message.

I do not advertise myself, I advertise good market research, and getting a fair price for the purchase you are about to make. Remember, for some people these are years of savings - and if they can save $500 here or there - either on eBay or any other way - I think it's the right thing to do, to let them know that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you think it's the right thing to do since your pockets are the ones getting lined with $$ from eBay sales.
nono.gif
A good eBay diamond vendor is a one in a million unfortunately, but they are out there.

When you say something is too expensive, and compare it to your own horribly cut 65% depth stones, you are NOT comparing apples to apples. Sure a frozen piece of diamond spit can be sold for $10. But compare that to a very well-cut stone? Ding ding, it's going to be more expensive. So your 65% depth stones may be well priced for what they are. An important designation.

Vendor solicitation and/or posting of your own stones for sale is NOT allowed here on Pricescope. So regardless of your great motives, it's not welcome here. Neither is misleading customers.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Daniel, your point is totally invalid because the stone you listed is not ANYWHERE NEAR the quality of the stone the original poster asked about.

Tim asked if the price was fair for a diamond with a 61% depth and 56 table.....and that's not even REMOTELY close to being a diamond with more than 65% depth as you listed.

How can you claim that the diamond is too expensive? The diamond you listed is NOT comparable in any way! That makes your "help" completely useless. Why bother?

DanielTahar

Rough_Rock
You know what, guys, thanks a lot. See you around.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What part of 'you are not allowed to solicit here' do you not get?

Saying you can 'guarantee it for less' and that 'in a day I swear I can get the same stone for a cheaper price' is SOLICITING. Sorry if you feel that is yelling, but maybe you need to go to www.dictionary.com and look that word up, because you obviously do not understand it.

Leonid, can you help here?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results