shape
carat
color
clarity

1st Time Online Buyer Needs help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rahm77

Rough_Rock
I've been reading many posts on this board (thanks for the great help already). I was looking at www.ice.com because my company get's an additional 20% off their price, so they have .5 TDW Platinum studs for about $680 after my discount. Color F, Clarity I1, no mention of cut. I was a bit sceptical so I found this website and after reading your posts found myself on www.bluenile.com. I found the set below, sound like a good deal? Christmas gift for my wife of 1.5 years.

Set in Platnium 3-prong settings, $1,294. Almost twice as much as the ones on Ice.com. In fact I could get .75 TDW, F, I1 for about $1,000 on that site. Same settings, but I'm wary because they don't mention cut like BlueNile and everyone on this site.

Advice? I'm new to this (the engagement ring is a family heirloom so I didn't have to buy a diamond yet!)

1st stone

Carat weight: 0.30
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 62.4%
Table %: 55%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.26x4.30x2.67 mm

2nd stone
Carat weight: 0.30
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 62.8%
Table %: 54%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 4.29x4.32x2.70 mm

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rahm...

The information that you have is incomplete....but superior quality has a premium price to it, so you maybe need to learn more about the diamonds.

In that they are going to be earrings, clarity can be made secondary, however and I-1 stone generally has eye visible inclusions so providing you can adjust your budget, perhaps a better quality is what you may want.

In any event find a seller that WILL give you all the proportional details.

Rockdoc

rahm77

Rough_Rock
Thanks Doc, what other details am I missing? I shouldn''t say I need the pefect cut, I want a nice balance between cost, size and quality...like everyone, right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results