shape
carat
color
clarity

1st time buyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zagreb28

Rough_Rock
Like most people here, I''ve been lurking around the site for a long time; it''s finally time to do some shopping. I''ve decided on the vatche x prong setting, either in white gold or yellow gold with a plat. head and I am fairly certain that I have narrowed the diamond choices to 2. I am currently living in Croatia so the VAT is forcing me to keep a budget within $2600.

Now, like most other newbies I am asking for your opinions.....

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2355/ I will need to ask if the stone is eye clean, but otherwise I am comfortable with it.

or

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2808/ My first choice, although I am still a little apprehensive about a J color stone. I was told that this stone faces up white. I have seen quite a few good looking J color stones here, so I am not too worried about a little color from a side view.

Thanks for already answering most of my questions about diamonds without me having to ask them.

I appreciate any thoughts, opinions or suggestions.
9.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''d go for the J, it looks like a GORGEOUS stone!! If they say it faces up white, then I''d believe them.
5.gif

35.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
They both look beautiful. I would talk to GOG and ask them to compare them for you side by side. All things being equal (which it sounds as if they will be), I''d go for the less expensive one.

good luck!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 12:02:37 PM
Author: lop
They both look beautiful. I would talk to GOG and ask them to compare them for you side by side. All things being equal (which it sounds as if they will be), I''d go for the less expensive one.

good luck!

Definitely,........... Ask about both. Take advantage of a professional set of eyes from GOG.

Just based on what I saw from the links tho,............ I''d vote for the J too. Both have the same visual size appearance. Same diameter. The GemEx is off the charts on the J. It''s a Tolkowsky cut diamond. And, it''s cheaper!!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will probably be a toss up visually, but I''d still have them compared. If they''re the same, another J vote.

zagreb28

Rough_Rock
Well folks,

I emailed Tim at GOG a couple of times and he got back to me right away. The stones are so similar that I think I''ll be going with the J. I think the gf won''t mind a little color from the side of the stone, and the price sure beats anything I''ll find in Europe, even after paying the VAT.

Thanks for the input!
9.gif

zagreb28

Rough_Rock
Oh the humanity!

Learned a valuable lesson today.........

Don''t ask about a diamond before reserving it!

39.gif

Back to the search........

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Did someone come along and buy it? Best to put it on hold next time
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:25:30 PM
Author: zagreb28
Oh the humanity!

39.gif

Aw, I''m sorry. It happens, unfortunately.

How bout this one, it''s only 42.00 over budget, and a beauty!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2805/

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:25:30 PM
Author: zagreb28
Oh the humanity!

39.gif

eek, what a bummer! That does happen sometimes, pricescope lukers snatch up recommended stones sometimes. Don''t worry, you''ll find another nice one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results