shape
carat
color
clarity

1ctw diamond stud suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Willard

Rough_Rock

My 5 year anniversary is quickly approaching and I''m going to get my wife some diamond studs. She likes simple, so I''m going with round 3 or 4 prong and I''m thinking around 1ctw. I was considering these from bluenile, but some of the stuff I''ve read on this forum makes it sound like can do better for $2100. Are these earrings from bluenile the way to go or should I look elsewhere. I''m most likely buying online because purchasing her engagement ring in a jewelry store was a miserable experience. Everyone here seems to know their stuff, so I would appreciate any suggestions.

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5153&nav1=earring_channel.asp

W2W

Rough_Rock
You should check out whiteflash. I recently bought studs from them and they are gorgeous. I got ideal cut 1.42tcw F SI2s from the expert selection collection. The stones were loose and I had them set in 3-prong baskets which I love. The great thing about these for me is the lifetime trade up. If you want to get your wife larger ones in the future, it would be an easy option. I''m already thinking of upgrading mine
11.gif
but I''m obsessed so don''t mind me. Mine are posted somewhere in the show me the ring forum. See how the prices compare, it doesn''t hurt to check.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would seriously consider going with the 3-prong martini set earrings instead of a basket setting. they are much more elegant and show the diamonds off so well. also, the screwback is a big pita. look for heavy pushbacks instead. 1cttw. is a very nice size. if you get well cut stones, you could go down substantially in color/clarity (j/si) and have diamonds that face up as white as the higher color/clarity stones that would cost far more.

best of luck to you!

W2W

Rough_Rock
I just checked out whiteflash and you can definately do better in terms of weight, color and clarity in the same proce range ... and with certified stones. Take a look.

W2W

Rough_Rock
Belle,

The martini setting is nice. It wasn''t my preference since I think that the point might go in the ear which would bother me. And if you have a larger ear hole the look might not be great.

Another option could be having the diamond set a low as possible the basket. That''s what I did and all you see is diamond in my ear without any metal or droop.

I agree that the screwback is a pain if you take your earring off often.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results