shape
carat
color
clarity

1ct Q/R bezel heart pendant

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this diamond and snapped it up because the soft yellow is what I want to make a pendant for my pupper Belle (she has a lot of yellow stuff due to the Disney Belle being associated with that color.). And she is certainly my heart!

I went with a pendant because I have too many rings and have largely taken to wearing my diamond convertible charm as a bracelet these days. I think will layer well with the paw pendant I had made for Beau (my late Leo doggo)

2F623CF1-1B4E-419D-8E39-8FBD97F5B32C.jpeg 89935C57-2029-4E3F-81EF-168CA0C07D7E.jpeg 88CA6C50-FB6B-4823-A8F6-719CC9E95447.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw this diamond and snapped it up because the soft yellow is what I want to make a pendant for my pupper Belle (she has a lot of yellow stuff due to the Disney Belle being associated with that color.). And she is certainly my heart!

I went with a pendant because I have too many rings and have largely taken to wearing my diamond convertible charm as a bracelet these days. I think will layer well with the paw pendant I had made for Beau (my late Leo doggo)

2F623CF1-1B4E-419D-8E39-8FBD97F5B32C.jpeg 89935C57-2029-4E3F-81EF-168CA0C07D7E.jpeg 88CA6C50-FB6B-4823-A8F6-719CC9E95447.jpeg
You’re going to keep the pendant as is? It’s very pretty! BTW I’m lovesparklies on IG..I love your dog. She’s almost as cute as my dog Bailey! :lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re going to keep the pendant as is? It’s very pretty! BTW I’m lovesparklies on IG..I love your dog. She’s almost as cute as my dog Bailey! :lol:
Haha yup! I actually asked for the pendant to be made that way. I like the whole “tilted” look.

Aw thanks! I find that positing a photo of belle everyday is good for my mental Health. Practicing gratitude!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is super! It looks huge! Can you give the stats?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha yup! I actually asked for the pendant to be made that way. I like the whole “tilted” look.

Aw thanks! I find that positing a photo of belle everyday is good for my mental Health. Practicing gratitude!
I like the tilted look too.and was worried you were going to reset it!
I really love that you got the same breed..They look like sister and brother. She’s so sweet and looks like a cuddle bug. Bailey likes me to hug him and give him scratches..but he is not a cuddler. He does tolerate me though.. :lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the tilted look too.and was worried you were going to reset it!
I really love that you got the same breed..They look like sister and brother. She’s so sweet and looks like a cuddle bug. Bailey likes me to hug him and give him scratches..but he is not a cuddler. He does tolerate me though.. :lol:

Haha I actually googled how to cuddle train a dog...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I actually googled how to cuddle train a dog...
:lol: He will be 11 next month so I gave up on training him. He received his Good Citizens certificate but he’s terrible with new people..and barks at the windows because people are passing by. He’s nuts but we love him..

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant! I love how you set it!!!
It is on my wish list for my kids... but maybe not that size!! Lololol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want one too..I think I’ll have a charm made..I’m so worried because he will be 11 next month..I love my furry guy..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha were you thinking bigger or smaller?:evil2:

I will say the Q/R color and atypical heart shape I think both contributed to this being less expensive than I may have guessed based on my general knowledge of what a 1ct need colorless modern round costs.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! So unique and you (from what I see of your style)! Would love a few more pics! Enjoy!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Haha were you thinking bigger or smaller?:evil2:

I will say the Q/R color and atypical heart shape I think both contributed to this being less expensive than I may have guessed based on my general knowledge of what a 1ct need colorless modern round costs.

Hahah about the size.. don’t think I would consider the colourless range. Thinking I/J colour and about 0.5ct size.
I have 4 girls so have to consider availability of colours and also budget...

Though I am a sucker for that OPQRST range as my oec is an OP.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahah about the size.. don’t think I would consider the colourless range. Thinking I/J colour and about 0.5ct size.

Aw I didn’t know you had 4 girls! I’m hoping if I have kids someday I’ll have a girl to pass my bling onto lol.

Yes. More pics when it arrives!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very gorgeous diamond pendant. Love the buttery warmth.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very gorgeous diamond pendant. Love the buttery warmth.

Thanks! I’m hoping the butteriness looks ok against my skin tone. I’m Asian and sometimes subtle yellow tones disappear on me.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, that is gorgeous! Perfect just as is — and Belle is, too! That face, OMG. Such a love!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

just to expand on what makingthegrade said, at the very least have a little note book and jot down what is to go to who
(hopefully not till you are a very old and a very well lived sweet old lady - asleep peacefully in your bed after a lovelly day surrounded by happy loved ones)
but no one knows what the future brings

my sister and i do not get on but my mother left a note with the lawyer which pieces were for whome, so it was all very amicable and although by sister got the two really big ticket rings i was more than happy with my half and luckily my mother had grandma's ER and pearls as well as her own so there was more than enough for the two of us

i know that it was 100% sentiment and not monetary value over who got what and from that angle it was more than fare

please every mom needs to do this

edit
excuse me going off topic

Last edited:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
just to expand on what makingthegrade said, at the very least have a little note book and jot down what is to go to who
(hopefully not till you are a very old and a very well lived sweet old lady - asleep peacefully in your bed after a lovelly day surrounded by happy loved ones)
but no one knows what the future brings

my sister and i do not get on but my mother left a note with the lawyer which pieces were for whome, so it was all very amicable and although by sister got the two really big ticket rings i was more than happy with my half and luckily my mother had grandma's ER and pearls as well as her own so there was more than enough for the two of us

i know that it was 100% sentiment and not monetary value over who got what and from that angle it was more than fare

please every mom needs to do this

edit
excuse me going off topic

yes, totally get what you mean. And, it is a very valid point and it should be mentioned.

It is my hope that i will be gifting these and other baubles that i have started preparing for since they were born....and my ever growing stash of baubles, whilst i am still alive and of sound mind. That way they get to enjoy it and i get to see their enjoyment. However, who is to know what is to happen tomorrow, right.

Every daughter has a list of things that i have prepared. Each will get the 'same', albeit some will be slighlty bigger than others, but to the eye, hardly discernable... but, do you think i can match up the certificates to the baubles? The baubles have been bezeled set.. so hard to tell... OH well.. the sentiment is there... :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, totally get what you mean. And, it is a very valid point and it should be mentioned.

It is my hope that i will be gifting these and other baubles that i have started preparing for since they were born....and my ever growing stash of baubles, whilst i am still alive and of sound mind. That way they get to enjoy it and i get to see their enjoyment. However, who is to know what is to happen tomorrow, right.

Every daughter has a list of things that i have prepared. Each will get the 'same', albeit some will be slighlty bigger than others, but to the eye, hardly discernable... but, do you think i can match up the certificates to the baubles? The baubles have been bezeled set.. so hard to tell... OH well.. the sentiment is there... :)
you are thoughtful on so many levels

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s totally gorgeous, as it your pup :kiss2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty! The yellow gold against it works perfectly!

And your beautiful Belle...... :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely. What a wonderful addition to your collection @MakingTheGrade.:love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that yellow bezel really plays off that QR!!!

NIcely done!!!! cant wait to see your neck pics, if you able to do so? IF not, that ok, too!

Will do once I get it :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your pendant!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, Belle is adorable! And I love your necklace...beautifully done.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant! I love the heart shaped diamond.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your pendant!
Thanks I hope it love it as much as I love the photos

First of all, Belle is adorable! And I love your necklace...beautifully done.
Haha yeah she’s adorable isn’t she? Such a goof.

Beautiful pendant! I love the heart shaped diamond.
It’s funny I used to really not like heart shapes but I think I just hadn’t seen any well cut ones in settings that I like since they often were in really floral settings. I’m more a sleek design style person and heart jewelry designs felt too girly to me. At the same time when I had a round bezel pendant I found it too standard and not quirky enough for me. Hopefully this will be a good solution!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results