shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choosing an Eternity Band

Jearp

Rough_Rock
Hello PS lovelies! I am a longtime lurker who is hoping for some expert advice. First, I would like to say thank you to all of you! I really enjoy seeing all of the beautiful bling here and I have learned so much from you!

So, this may seem like a ridiculously simple situation, but I am a newbie and nervous!

I wear my engagement ring as a RHR, so my left ring finger is home to my single 14K WG channel set RB 1/2 eternity band. I don't know the ctw of the ring off hand, but it is definitely less thatn 1 ctw.

I am looking to add a small 14K WG eternity ring to the mix, and like the look of bezel settings, but am open to suggestions. In case it is important, my engagement ring is a vintage piece (it is my avatar). I would prefer an almost eternity band so that it may be sized in the future, but they are hard to find!

I have found one option that I am really drawn to, but am a bit concerned about buying from a vendor I don't know:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154586539/original-bubbles-14kt-rose-gold-round?ref=favs_view_1

Has anyone worked with Rosado's Box/Love&Promise Jewelers before? What other vendors would you suggest? What would you put with my wedding band? Please help! Thank you in advance!!

wp_20140131_0.jpg

wp_20140131_009.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Jearp! Welcome :wavey: I am sure others will chime in. I just wanted to say that I love bezeled bands. I think they are beautiful. I use to own two both made by Brian Gavin. One is a diamond and sapphire full eternity and the other that I sold last year is a half diamond eternity. only sold it because I really wanted to order a full eternity once having it for a while. BGD is high quality and they are the best at bezels in my opinion and from what I have seen here. I am not familar with that etsy artist but at that price I think you should get quotes from BGD:)

Here is a link with pics if your curious. Good luck in your search! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-bgd-is-here.182337/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-bgd-is-here.182337/[/URL]

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think two, thin pave bands, would look lovely.

Thing is, I really don't like it when one band sits lower than the other. The lower sitting band kinda gets lost. So I would just go out to random jewelry stores and try bands on. See what I like best.

Jearp

Rough_Rock
Hi Hathalove!

Thank you so much for your reply! It means a lot to me!!

Your ring is/was gorgeous!! I agree with you, I think bezel is just incredible. And it protects the stones so nicely. I will definitely look into BGD. Thanks again! 8)

Hi Elle_chris! Two pave bands are a great suggestion! I was actually thinking that pave would be a good choice as well. I'm with you on the sitting of the bands- I actually made a purchase, hated how it looked because it didn't match the level of my channel set band, and returned it.

Jearp

Rough_Rock
I have another question regarding BGD. On their website, their WG rings are listed as 18K G, but my wedding band is 14K. Do they customize, or does it matter that the metals aren't the same? I was thinking that the stronger metal would wear on the softer one.

Thanks again!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jearp|1391188335|3605100 said:
I have another question regarding BGD. On their website, their WG rings are listed as 18K G, but my wedding band is 14K. Do they customize, or does it matter that the metals aren't the same? I was thinking that the stronger metal would wear on the softer one.

Thanks again!

I have been wearing a mix of 18k with 14k bands and haven't noticed any damage. I think people really are more cautious about stacking platinum and gold. Not the different karats of gold. Although 18k is considered softer since it has more gold in it. If you run a quick search you will find lots of opinions on this in various threads.

Jearp

Rough_Rock
Thanks hathalove! I will search on here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results