shape
carat
color
clarity

1920's diamond and platinum/iridium ring...any info?

Tron Burgundy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I hope that I'm posting this in the right forum. Before my mother passed away, she gifted me some beautiful jewelry. Among these pieces is this little beauty, which she told me is supposed to be a 1920s engagement ring. Inside the band it reads only "(what appears to be an H in an arrow) 10%IRID". I included a little drawing of the symbol as best as my eyes can see it, but this is my guess. Does anyone have any information on which jeweler this may have come from? Approximate value? Anything is useful really. Thank you all for your time! And thanks to my beautiful mother... hjewelry.png

ring1.jpg ring2.jpg ring3.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! I hope that I'm posting this in the right forum. Before my mother passed away, she gifted me some beautiful jewelry. Among these pieces is this little beauty, which she told me is supposed to be a 1920s engagement ring. Inside the band it reads only "(what appears to be an H in an arrow) 10%IRID". I included a little drawing of the symbol as best as my eyes can see it, but this is my guess. Does anyone have any information on which jeweler this may have come from? Approximate value? Anything is useful really. Thank you all for your time! And thanks to my beautiful mother... hjewelry.png

ring1.jpg ring2.jpg ring3.jpg

10% IRID is an older stamp for platinum. It means 90% platinum and 10 % Iridum, a low tarnishing metal in which the plat. is mixed. I can't find anything about the maker's mark.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring was most likely made in the US, since it lacks the more complex hallmarks (representing the city and year in which the metal purity was determined, or assayed) used in most European countries. There also some countries, such as Greece, that don't have a formal assay system, but I'd assume US origins unless you have reason to believe otherwise.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had one very similar with wheat pattern engraving on the side. My daughter borrowed it and lost it. I cannot find a replacement with engraving. It is probably from the 20's to 40's. Very nice piece. I love how light and strong these platinum/iridium pieces are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results