shape
carat
color
clarity

1910 Antique Toi et Moi Ring finally Tweaked & set!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hi Garnetgirl, as an aside, you talked about your jeweler strengthening the band of your beautiful antique toilet moi ring. Is that something like putting metal on the inside of a band? I’ve always wondered if that can be done. He did an exquisite job.

Hello there :wavey:

I assume because of the way he spoke of it that yes, he did indeed add a bit of gold to the thinnest spot to strengthen it a bit!

I also assumed that doing so is pretty common place but I'm not very experienced when it comes to jewelry restoration or maintenance outside of simple cleanings.

Thank you for your sweet comment & let me know if you'd like to know any more about what the process entailed!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hello you fellow antique and vintage lovers!

I finally received a ring that Ive been meaning to get refurbished and set for months now!

It was purchased originally from the sweet @PreRaphaelite but It was @mrs-b 's kind deed which landed the ring into my hands. Im still in awe to be honest! This is why I love PS, its truly full of the kindest women!

I originally purchased it with the mindset that I'd set it with a pink garnet that I had but when I received the ring I felt as if itd look amazing with either an emerald or diamond. At the time I didnt have extra funds to have her set so I did my best to set a little emerald I had in the empty basket but I had to be very careful wearing her! Eventually I got tired of the emerald in there and took it out hopeful of setting her eventually.

Fast forward and my mother and I are going through our jewelry boxes together and I showed her the ring and she got very excited! She very quickly pulled out a solitaire diamond ring set in an awfully ugly high setting but the diamond was so lovely and she decided to bestow it to me as it looked like the perfect fit.

Ive never had a ring refurbished- Never. So I was unsure who to contact but as DanM was currently custom making three rings for me I sent him some photos and off she went!

It was merely a few days before he was finished and I finally received it today and I am IN LOVE.

The ring is approx. from 1910 and its in 18k rose Gold. The previous owners believed it to carry a natural pearl but theres not any paperwork on this so who knows? It has an adorably fat shape which I havent seen very often.

I had him strengthen the band by adding some gold, polishing it, redoing the basket and prongs that held the diamond as well as resizing it to fit both of my ring fingers. It's truly such a dreamy and romantic piece and now it has some meaning as it carries a diamond that my father had given lovingly to my mother.

Now time for some pictures!!

20200416_153047~2.jpg
20200416_152827.jpg 20200416_152813.jpg 20200416_152730.jpg 20200416_153751.jpg 20200416_153756.jpg

I love this ring. So unique. I love the diamond pair with pearl. So timeless!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results