shape
carat
color
clarity

19 K White Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Heya everyone,

Does anyone have any reliable information about 19 K white gold? This material has been suggested to me twice by different sources. A local goldsmith (who's had 23 yrs bench experience) said that 19 K white gold is stronger, doesn't require replating and has a bright polish. I've seen some finished products and they were very beautiful.

Laurie

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
19K gold (79.17% pure)... The long term whiteness of 19K gold equals that of platinum and it's hardness resists scratching and bending more than any other ring metal.
Sounds like a good stuff.[/u]

Architect

Rough_Rock
Laurie,
I have heard of 19kt white gold only just recently but from what I have read and researched, it is supposed to remain it's white luster for almost as long as platinum, and is more affordable. It will eventually have to be replated, but that will not have to be done for a very long time. It seems like this will become a very popular metal choice for people once it gains more and more recognition. When I bought a setting, I chose platinum because 19kt white gold was not available and 18kt white gold would end up costing more in the long run due to having it replated every few years. If you are able to have a jeweler make you a ring with 19kt white gold, I suggest going for it because you will end up with a beautiful ring that matches platinum for a lot less money. If I had known about 19kt white gold, I might have searched harder until I found a jeweler that had it available :)

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your little tidbits! That certainly gives me more confidence in going with the 19K white gold.
I like the white look over the yellow gold look and it will definitely be possible now without the hassle of replating sooner than I want to.

Laurie ::)

goldbuyers

Rough_Rock
This material is extremely popular throughout the West Coast but relatively unknown elsewhere. It has nearly double the nickel content as traditional 18 whites which makes it super white and does not requires rhodium plating. Because of its high nickel content it has tighter reduction schedules and must be annealed often while manipulating it but the end result is brilliant. Whiter than 18 K, holds its polish much better (and longer) than platinum and costs less than 18 white with palladium. Although the latter is excellent for someone with an allergy to nickel. These products are all available locally.

Best of luck.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results