shape
carat
color
clarity

18th century ring owned by King of Austria. Need help to find buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelvin

Rough_Rock
Franz Josef was crowned Emperor of Austria in 1848 at the age of 18 after the Hungarian revolution, as his predecessor was simply deposed. He was also crowned King of Hungary in 1867.
This ring came into the posession of my partner almost 10 years ago now. It was given to her by an old man who was a friend of the family. This man married a baroness some years back. The ring was given to her by Franz Josef himself. My problem is that while I know the face value of the ring, I am sure that it would have a much greater Historic value. I have tried to email a number of museums in both Hungary and in Austria but have received no response. :confused:
The ring consists of approximately 1 carrot of diamonds, and while the cut isn't the newest style, it has a face value of approx $6000 Australian.
Any ideas who I can contact to get a historic evaluation made?

Franz_JosefRing.jpg

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
That's really interesting. Perhaps David Atlas can help guide you. You can find him at www.gemappraisers.com. He posts here as oldminer.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Good point Leonid!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results